1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

X-MAS IS FOR KIDS

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 09:08 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X-MAS IS FOR KIDS

I hope all that reads this will buy a toy for a kid that might not get much this year.We have a thing called toys 4 tots in my area. Please stop by your local police department and ask . GOD BLESS YOU ALL !!!!! BUY A LITTLE BOY OR GIRL A FORD. See this thread is about ford trucks.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:08 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts
good thought thanks for sharing

Old 12-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Lakotas53
Laughing Gas
We have a toy drive here at work each year and things have been slow here just like all over the country. So I figured the toy drive would be slim this year. I must say I am impressed with my fellow co workers (over 4000). The boxes that line our catwalk coming into the plant is spilling over onto the floor! And I have never seen so many bicycles as this year! Christmas is going to be good for a lot of children in our area this year!

Old 12-09-2010, 10:45 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
Thumbs up toys

They had a sale at TOYS R US yesterday and me and my 2 girls got a truck load of stuff for the local kids. I was hurt afew years back on the job and received a nice settlement for my leg. I'm glad i was able to help so many this year.Just the smiles on my kids faces shoping for others was worth every penny. I know times are hard for most everyone but believe me it will make you feel good deep down to help someone out. Heck made it worth losing a leg. FOR A DAY ANYWAY. GIVE PEOPLE !!!!!!

Old 12-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Toys for Tots is sponsored by the United States Marine Corps Reserve annually and is a Nation Wide effort. It is so worth while and helps lots of kids.

There are collection barrels at most major stores and all local fire stations and police departments.

All you have to do is leave a new, unwrapped toy in the barrel and it goes to some needy youngster.

Merry Christmas to all!

Old 12-10-2010, 01:24 AM
tardster
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We have toys for tots around here plus we have the "stuff a truck" at walmart. The stuff a truck is where walmart has put together a bag of food for a family (normally $10-$15 worth) and you buy it and they fill the trucks up and then send it out to the homes of needy families. I really enjoy being able to help out that way some kids get a nice meal during the holidays...

Old 12-10-2010, 01:28 AM
tardster
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by arrowheadfred
the smiles on my kids faces shoping for others was worth every penny.
Yea when my kid smiles I turn into the biggest glob of goo there is...lol

Old 12-10-2010, 11:01 AM
BACAGrizz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Support the Marines efforts for toys and also several bike clubs toy runs. Semper Fi. Oooh Rah!!