Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

help a local become employed?

Old 12-07-2010, 10:59 AM
patman247
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help a local become employed?

alright guys, i've been unemployed for 5 months now and i really need a job, ill take full or part time work, im in college, so if anyone knows of anyplace hiring, i would love it if you would help me out! i live in lincoln, but id be willing to move some, not too far though, any help is appreciated
thank you
-Patrick

Old 12-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Jeffery the first
Senior User
Omahahelpwanted.com that is were i found my job

Old 12-09-2010, 08:35 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Have any special skills?

Old 12-10-2010, 10:56 AM
patman247
Elder User
not particularly, im somewhat decent working on cars, and i can do a little roofing/construction, but i dont have very much in the way of specialized skills, im just lookin for a job to get me through college, i would love a job as a runner for a auto shop or something

Old 12-11-2010, 12:28 PM
blkfordsedan
Senior User
I work in Industrial sales out of Lincoln. I cover all of SE Nebraska, and my customers are basically all the manufacturing plants, construction companies, etc.. I'll keep my eyes & ears open and let you know if I hear of anything.

It's a tough market here in Lincoln & SE NE right now. Almost everyone is hurting. Unfortunately, you're competing with a lot of older skilled people my age for jobs that would normally be filled with people such as yourself. May try Autozone...seems every Autozone I walk in to has a "now hiring" sign posted. Plus, you get a discount on parts!

Old 12-12-2010, 03:56 PM
patman247
Elder User
yeah theres a few problems with autozone.. first i hate autozone (not a big deal though).. second i've put in apps there about once every two months since i've been 18

Old 12-22-2010, 08:02 PM
big-ugly
Post Fiend
I hear the cold-storage plant in crete is lookin for work. One of my friends was applying for a job there about a month ago, not sure if they still are or not. Couldn't hurt to look though. I live in Beatrice and jobs are impossible to find here. They are closing down the husqvarna plant very soon, which means around 500 more people will be searching for jobs as well. Guess where they are heading? That's right! lincoln! There is also a cold-storage here in Beatrice that is hiring back their seasonals for some reason or another. Couldn't hurt to try that either. Sorry I can't give ya any names, can't think of em right now! O'reiley's here in town has a couple of air heads working at night, and I know the manager personally, I think he would gladly fill their possition with someone with some auto-knowledge. The night manager's name is Tim, he is a very nice man. Couldn't hurt to stop by and talk to him, never know, he might be able to help ya out. Also, IIRC, the BSDC is hiring some people on, or at least they were. I hope ya find something, I know what a pain it is to find work right now. Also, C&C processing just opened a new store here in Beatrice, one of my friends is currently working there, they might be looking for some part-timers too, just another place to check out if you come this way. Just another thought.. sometimes the dealers here in town are looking for people to detail the cars, not exactly the greatest job but hey, money is money. This is all I can think of right now, but I really hope you can find something.

haha, sorry for all the "also's, and other thoughts". I just kept editing and adding as they came to me!
P.S. Maybe try the local farmer's co-ops. They might be needing some seasonals to help unload trains and such. This is not the greatest job either, but if you are willing to work for your money there is some to be found here as well.