Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning Arkansas!

Happy Winter Solstice!

Old 12-21-2010, 12:29 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone else catch the Lunar eclipse last night? One of the few advantages to working nights...I was out to see it. Sure was neat; found out my 10 year old stayed up until 0200 to watch it progress...thank goodness he's out of school this week.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:45 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
Anyone else catch the Lunar eclipse last night?
Was going to watch, but when I went out around 11PM, I couldn't even find the moon because of cloud cover.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:05 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Good Morning Arkansas!

Happy Hump Day!

Old 12-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice lookin' truck, Will. I did something similar. Bought my wife a '95 Jeep Wrangler, stepped into her current '94 Wrangler and retired the '61 F-100 from daily driver status. Tried to buy my wife a nice '03 Grand Cherokee with all the bells and whistles, but after the test drive she said, "I just want another Wrangler".
Who am I to argue? This'd be the new addition:

Old 12-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Will P.
Senior User
Nice Jeep! I have wanted one for a while but just never have been able to get all the other toys all going in the right direction ( don't have enough time and money for it all) Here is a truck I got a few months back.

1972 F-350 with 360 V-8 and 4 speed manual trans.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
He11, 2 Jeep Wranglers, 3 Harleys and a '61 F100...I don't own anything but toys.
We had 2 Jeeps(various Wranglers and Cherokee's)for a few years, and then when I started at the restoration place I started driving the F100 on a daily basis. One of my kids ended up needing a car so I sold him my Wrangler. Got the 302/C6 conversion done on my truck when I was off work and I've been driving it 40 miles a day since I went back to work. Now that the weather has gotten cold, the lack of door weatherstrip and gaps in the windshield rubber as well as lack of interior insulation has made it a pain for my old bones. Wife decided she wanted something with less that 300k on it, so I offered to get her a Grand Cherokee. She took one test drive and told me, no, she wanted another Wrangler. She found this one, liked it and my Christmas shopping was done.
The up-side is, I don't mind driving something with 300k on the clock and a heater that works.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:07 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Good Morning Arkansas!

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2010, 11:08 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Will P.
Here is a truck I got a few months back...1972 F-350 with 360 V-8 and 4 speed manual trans.
Sharp looking truck there Will! If you ever wanted to join the oil-burner crowd...that truck would be a great recipient for a 6.0L. Think of all the trouble you'd get into with all that unbridled power! Don't let Joe steer you wrong...everyone needs a 6.0L powered truck/Excursion.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Will P.
Senior User
Originally Posted by zhilton
Sharp looking truck there Will! If you ever wanted to join the oil-burner crowd...that truck would be a great recipient for a 6.0L. Think of all the trouble you'd get into with all that unbridled power! Don't let Joe steer you wrong...everyone needs a 6.0L powered truck/Excursion.
Man that would be cool. It sure would be the Maroon Monster then!

Old 12-25-2010, 05:20 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Man that would be cool. It sure would be the Maroon Monster then!
I bet Jeff would be the expert among us on this...but putting a "Ford engine" (technically an International) into a Ford truck is alright with me and not a sin like putting one of those #$%& 350 into a '30s Ford street-rod. Besides, you wouldn't have to learn how to speak or read German like someone else does/did. But it's fun to spend someone else's money...I don't have the $$$ or time to pull off a project like that right now. I will say this, I think it looks great the way it is now regardless if you do anything to it.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Will P.
Senior User
I'm gonna have to do a few things to it. The hood has some bad dents in it and it has some bad rust in the seams on the bottom side. The cab has a soft spot in the floor and the right rear corner has some rust holes in it also. The passenger door has a dent in it and the grill shell has some too. Not to bad for a 38 year old truck though. I have an extra hood or five laying around and the rest can probably be knocked out. Right now it has some scrap metal piled up on the bed waiting to be hauled away. When the engine goes I may have to think about that conversion.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:27 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Morning gentlemen...27F at the Fort this morning. I think winter maybe here finally. So, I'm a little curious. Since dad lives in Maumelle, we made the trek down yesterday to celebrate Christmas when them. As I'm passing the Kroger's I notice they've got Diesel for $2.99...every where else in the state it's over $3.05. What gives? Don't get me wrong, I wish I would have had an extra tank to fill up...but I wonder what makes those folks in Maumelle so special? This isn't the first time they were cheaper than Ft. Smith...but when it's $3.19 at Morgan, makes me wonder.
The hood has some bad dents in it and it has some bad rust in the seams on the bottom side. The cab has a soft spot in the floor and the right rear corner has some rust holes in it also. The passenger door has a dent in it and the grill shell has some too. Not to bad for a 38 year old truck though.
Exactly, sounds like a typical older work truck to me. I wouldn't call them flaws, more of character marks.
When the engine goes I may have to think about that conversion.
I hear ya'.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:15 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Zack, I got a shock when I returned to town today, diesel has shot up from $3.14 to $3.21. I don't know where it'll end, I guess with all of us either pushing these trucks around or walking
It was 18* at the river this AM, Brrrrrr...... glad I took that new wood burning heater down Fri.
Hey Will, nice old Ford there, I used to have one exactly like it, same color and all.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Will P.
Senior User
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Zack, I got a shock when I returned to town today, diesel has shot up from $3.14 to $3.21. I don't know where it'll end, I guess with all of us either pushing these trucks around or walking
It was 18* at the river this AM, Brrrrrr...... glad I took that new wood burning heater down Fri.
Hey Will, nice old Ford there, I used to have one exactly like it, same color and all.
Thanks. I want to shine it up a bit but still keep it a work truck.

Quick Reply: December Chat / All Topic Thread