Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Where's 55F350?

Old 12-04-2010, 04:57 AM
carnut122
Posting Guru
carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Kevin, so the rumors are true. You're still amongst the living-sort of. I was in Springfield in early November and snagged some Mel-o-Creams on the way through town on two consecutive mornings. The downtown has changed quite a bit with that building straddling 6th Street, Lincoln's home now controlling it's hood, and Lincoln's Presidential Museum (which is possible to see in an hour if you don't stop to read anything). However, the donuts tasted the same as they did back in the 70's-which is a good thing! Oh yeh...truck related...you won't need that manifold as it sounds like you don't have time to install it anyway.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Senior User
1952 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by 55 f350 View Post
my g'word you guys worry a lil' too much ........ i stillz beez alive ........ i think .............. as ed and jeff said some screwy hours guys , about 14 hours a day 6 days a week , and i'm just tired so i don't get on the site too much cause who knows what might come outta my mouth without any sign of brain activity . funny ross !!!!!!!!! i'm looking for a merc 1mc 9425 intake from a 49 - 51 255 flatty jeff . takes a 4 bolt carb instead of the 97 or 94 . got an 8cm cam and a couple other things and even the big bore 94 isn't gonna be 'nuff carb . had one and sold it about three years ago .................. welp gotta go and climb into the beast ........... tom not too worry ! i won't eat all the mel o creams i'll save ya some !!!!!!!!!!! ........ the only difference 'tween me and the zombies from night of the living dead is i don't eat human flesh . i'll just attack you for that cup of coffee yer holding ......................................
So the EBU isn't gonna fly? Those Merc manifolds don't show up when your looking for one. Have you looked for an Offy adaptor to take the 4 bolt to 3 bolt?

Check Exeter Auto Supply --Offenhauser--(my link didn't work) part number 3860. I can only guess it is still available.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Senior User
Phethean Racing Products - Offenhauser

Here's one. May be cheaper than buying/shipping a Mercury manifold. Check the flange surface, as Offy made another adapter that was similiar. Unless you have a carburetor, you may want to check out a Stromberg WW. Close in size to a Rochester, used on Buicks, GMCs, and Dodges in the 50s & 60s. It is also a four bolt.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:03 AM
merlynr
Posting Guru
merlynr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If you guys want something to look at go to www.fathertime.com Look on the left for upcoming auctions and look at the one on Engledow Rd. on Dec 11. 53 Merc flathead, bored to 278ci I think, don't have the listing in front of me. LOTS of STUFF!

Old 12-05-2010, 10:59 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
... i'm looking for a merc 1mc 9425 intake from a 49 - 51 255 flatty jeff . takes a 4 bolt carb instead of the 97 or 94 . got an 8cm cam and a couple other things and even the big bore 94 isn't gonna be 'nuff carb . ..........................
Are you sure you don't mean 1CM-8425? Guy on the HAMB was saying he had one of those to get rid of...

Flathead intake question - THE H.A.M.B.

PS -- a lot of the Canadian intakes were aluminum, even when US ones were cast iron

Old 12-05-2010, 01:49 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold
first 52 , yep i got the adaptor dont like the way it looks all together , too dain tall and spindly looking . i got a rochester small bore 2 gc already but i will go look at the vw stromberg just for curiousity . ross i think it was 9425 might be 8425 . i know the canadians were aluminum and it'd be nice to latch onto one of 'em but im not picky . i found one on ebay for 25 bucks but the shipping was a killer due to weight so .......... some were on there for 160 -190 . there nuts . i'll buy a navarro 4 bbl and holley 390 before i pay that much for one . i'm a bad person and got banned from hamb , can you ask that guy what he want's for one of his ross and whether they are iron or aluminum ?

Old 12-05-2010, 02:46 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
... i'm a bad person and got banned from hamb , can you ask that guy what he want's for one of his ross and whether they are iron or aluminum ?
I emailed him, will let you know. It's comforting to know the HAMB has standards, I can't imagine what it takes to get thrown off there!

Old 12-05-2010, 03:06 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold
Check Grayhound to see what they charge for the shipping.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:11 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold
honestly ross i questioned and actually kinda get irate over some of them's talking about one style of car when some of the stuff they were , building and driving was as bad or worse than what they were criticizing . and i questioned some of the peeps , like ryans , questionable judgments and such , amongst other things . basically they don't like being challenged over anything . and as i said before i had a sammich jack a-- from around here send me an pm telling me that i and my truck weren't sammich material and threatened to kick my back side which as of this day mr . i drive a traditional rod { little does his ham-mates know it's a fiberglass bodied car with a latemodel crate motor , i have seen it ! }has not shown up to do . so ......................... you can take it as you will as you all kinda know me so make your own judgment . oh and yes i can really be a big p--c- when the need arises .

Old 12-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Senior User
honestly ross i questioned and actually kinda get irate over some of them's talking about one style of car when some of the stuff they were , building and driving was as bad or worse than what they were criticizing . and i questioned some of the peeps , like ryans , questionable judgments and such , amongst other things . basically they don't like being challenged over anything . and as i said before i had a sammich jack a-- from around here send me an pm telling me that i and my truck weren't sammich material and threatened to kick my back side which as of this day mr . i drive a traditional rod { little does his ham-mates know it's a fiberglass bodied car with a latemodel crate motor , i have seen it ! }has not shown up to do . so ......................... you can take it as you will as you all kinda know me so make your own judgment . oh and yes i can really be a big p--c- when the need arises .
Some silly stuff occurs on the Hamb. In one post someone is getting ripped for having "untraditional" wheels, etc. on his car and in the next post someone is getting heaps of praise for his use of a japanese engine in his Model A. Now, I wasn't alive when "traditional" was new, but I don't believe people put humdah, toyadda, datsoon, or even Pinto and Quad Four 'bangers in their cars in the 40s, 50s, and 60s.

That foolishness aside, I mostly enjoy the site, however. A lot of real knowledge gets passed around there.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:11 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
no denying it lot's of guys 'n' gals over there i enjoyed hearing and seeing posts from as well as a lot of knowledge . kind of the same case with another site i used to frequent but don't now as a few idgit's have decided they are the hot rod police and issued threat's etc. and a couple of overzealous mods who like someone else don't like to have their authority questioned ......... dain shame too as i was learning a lot whilst i was there .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.