Sponsored by: Moser

Posting attachments

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 08:53 AM
popeye dad
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Posting attachments

What is the requirment to be allowed to post attachments? I do not have that capability.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:35 AM
seventysevenF150
Senior User
U need the next membership up. Ithink if u set up an album it will give u a link to post in threads. also, photobucket is free and will give u links to your pics.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:51 AM
popeye dad
Freshman User
I have an album. Ok I got it figured out. Thanks

Old 11-30-2010, 11:34 AM
seventysevenF150
Senior User
In you're control panel, options & settings, edit gallery, and build a gallery that people can view and i think you can link to threads.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:36 AM
seventysevenF150
Senior User
I'll try it. hope it worked>

Old 11-30-2010, 11:42 AM
ChaseTruck754
Lead Driver
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Posts like this would get more help here.
User Gallery & Picture Display Help - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

But I'd say just sign up for photobucket or the like.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:50 AM
jim collins
Cargo Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have an album and photobucket and I have posted 827 times. Still can't find any way in the album or the thread that will let me post a picture from my album.

the "posting rules " show.

YOU MAY NOT POST ATTACHMENTS.
I thought after 827 post that part would be turned on for me,if thats what it is for. Thats what they are called on other forums i am on.

Thats the main thing i don't like about this forum.
The H.A.M.B. forum easy from the start. They have a more user friendly forum , you just have to put up with a lot of other stuff to be on it.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:57 AM
jsutton
Posting Guru
I agree this isn't the correct forum for this question, but...

What is an attachment? It can't be a pic because it says I can't post attachments either, but I've posted lots of Pics. In order for a pic to show up all you have to do is post the [IMG] code into the body of your post and voila pic shows up.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:59 AM
seventysevenF150
Senior User
Originally Posted by jim collins
I have an album and photobucket and I have posted 827 times. Still can't find any way in the album or the thread that will let me post.

the "posting rules " show.

YOU MAY NOT POST ATTACHMENTS.
I thought after 827 post that part would be turned on for me,if thats what it is for. Thats what they are called on other forums i am on.

Thats the main thing i don't like about this forum.
The H.A.M.B. forum easy from the start. They have a more user friendly forum , you just have to put up with a lot of other stuff to be on it.
As u can see<i just posted a pic through my GALLERY. Or only i can see it. And i have only 60 posts with a basic membership. U have to set up a gallery and it will give u the option to get forum codes after you put in pics. just copy and paste into your post.. Or look at link through Chasetruck's post.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:04 PM
seventysevenF150
Senior User
Sorry bout that, I just posted a pic with basic membership and only 60 posts. Unless only i can see it. User CP, Gallery, create gallery. U get an option for forum codes to copy and paste the pics adress in your post. It's really easy. Or check link from chasetruck's post. It will show u.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:58 PM
ChaseTruck754
Lead Driver
it's pretty much been covered by jsutton, but if others may be watching this - here's a quick write up I did for questions on photobucket and posting

For the photobucket account - it should be pretty easy. It's been a while since I've done it but I think it's an enter your email and set up your account deal. You can then browse from your computer to upload the photos you want. I forget what size I chose to upload mine at, but I think I ended up with the "large" size. It's not the biggest option but the 2nd down I think. All I know is the 1st option I tried was too small so I upsized it, but I didn't go to the biggest as I didn't want them huge.
Be careful to make different albums to organize your pics. If you snoop around in my setup you'll notice I have different albums for the different projects, etc.
Pictures by ChaseTruck754 - Photobucket

Old 11-30-2010, 01:53 PM
jim collins
Cargo Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ChaseTruck754
it's pretty much been covered by jsutton, but if others may be watching this - here's a quick write up I did for questions on photobucket and posting

For the photobucket account - it should be pretty easy. It's been a while since I've done it but I think it's an enter your email and set up your account deal. You can then browse from your computer to upload the photos you want. I forget what size I chose to upload mine at, but I think I ended up with the "large" size. It's not the biggest option but the 2nd down I think. All I know is the 1st option I tried was too small so I upsized it, but I didn't go to the biggest as I didn't want them huge.
Be careful to make different albums to organize your pics. If you snoop around in my setup you'll notice I have different albums for the different projects, etc.
Pictures by ChaseTruck754 - Photobucket
.................................................. .................................................. ........
Well i'l try it again , i have photobucket set up same as yours with about 4 different albums. I'm sure i'm just doing something wrong.
Should the posting rules on mine show that i "may post attachments" ,or like it says "may not post attachments." whats it for ? Do i need to turn it on somehow?

Old 11-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Lazy K
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
To be allowed to post attachments you have to pay the $20.00 (or whatever) and become a "supporter" as I understand it. However as these guys say anyone can post pics from photobucket and similar.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:42 PM
ChaseTruck754
Lead Driver
yes - I am not a supporter and I post photobucket all the time.

As I said - when in your album with the picture you want to post - scroll over the pic you want to add. A pulldown type menu will pop up below it with 4 options of ways/forms to post the pics. Click on the bottom one that says [IMG] code. When you click it will say "copied". Then come in the post you want to post it, right click in the reply box and hit paste. It can't get any easier...

Old 12-01-2010, 11:42 AM
seventysevenF150
Senior User
Photobucket ticks me off sometimes, most of the time it freezes up on me when i try to upload pics to it. Not worth my valuable time.

Quick Reply: Posting attachments