1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Thanks to All who served!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 03:57 PM
eman92082
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
Last month I spent a week at Quantico meeting many Marines. It was a great experience that I won't forget.

Thanks to all who serve and to all who gave their lives

Old 11-11-2010, 04:35 PM
49fordpickumup
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys,
I spent 1966-67 in Vietnam. I lost two high school friends and 58,000 brothers. I read a article resently that said "They gave their tomorrows so that we could have our todays". It made me choke up. I think all the fallen in our country's history would just asks us to pray for the USA. We live in very trying times. God bless the USA !!!!! Protect our 2nd admendment rights, so we can protect the USA. chuck

Last edited by 49fordpickumup; 11-11-2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: bad speller
Old 11-11-2010, 10:53 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
To my fellow veterans, I say thanks, and continue to stand proud and lead the way.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:11 PM
52 5 star
Senior User
Thanks to all that served. I am USN retired submariner joined in 1974 to go to river gun boats Nam ended and transfered to submaines. Completed my years on subs and retired with 20 years. Thanks again to all my brothers and sisters that served and to all the familys with love ones that served.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:31 PM
tardster
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FORD14TPU
I won't go off on a RANT .. i swore i wouldn't .. so i'll just tell you a little story ..army service from nov 72 till nov 75 .. was in basic when Nixon says no more fresh troops to Vietnam .. did 16 months at Ft Lewis Wa, .. 16 months in Germany ..fly into SC and proccessed out of the army .. wore my uniform home to get the mil discount ..Spit on only 4 times getting to the plane .. tripped twice finding my seat .. guy next to me flags the stew down .. you have to find me a new seat . i'm not setting next to this ..land at LAX ..catcalls of baby killer follow me down to baggage claim ..more nice things said as i'm waiting for my duffle to get down .. pushed onto the carosel as i'm grabbing my duffelbag.. more nice words and gifts of spit as i find my way to the curb .. cab home .. as i'm paying off and tipping the cab with what little cash i had left .. he says welcome home baby killer as he drives off..ya .. welcome home ..i won't go off on a rant .. i won't ..<WIPES eyes> this day just makes me sad............
I have been in the Army for 4 years now. I am a Sgt and will be getting my E6 here soon. As bad as your story is believe it or not things are kind of going in that direction for us as these wars drag on. People have lost track that we did not start these wars. They were brought to us on Sept 11th on American soil but thanks to CNN (Communist News Network) and others showing all the bad things that have happened and blowing it so far out of proportion. Yes we have lost around 8,000 US Soldiers but these so-called news networks don't say anything about losing damn near 10,000 US Soldiers lives in the first 30-45 minutes of D-Day, they also do not acknowledge all of the accomplishments we have gained. A lot of people don't understand just how long it takes to take a whole country and train them to defend themselves and thats just the beginning of it. People think we can go over there give them a 9 week basic training and come home, if it was only that easy. We just had one of our guys brought home after his humvee got hit by a IED in Afghanistan last week. I'm still pissed by how people were trying to pass the funeral procession and the lack of people not showing respect for this Soldier. Yes there were several hundred people on the side of the road but his body was brought home on Veterans day so I know a lot of people had the day off but decided he wasn't worth their time. We are now starting to get those lovely catcalls ourselves, have people treat us like crap. Hell we even get people who try to start fights or arguments with us. Sorry to rant myself but if I can get 1 person who might not like what is going on or what we do to think a little more about this before they do/say something then it's worth it for the guys who really sacrificed for us. Ok enough of my rant and yes Thank You to all of those who have served, we all owe you a

Old 11-13-2010, 07:23 PM
FORD14TPU
Senior User
sorry to find even in this day that people are disrepectfull to our american military..the news media is totally to blame ,, when we are kicking *** and taking names like the gulf war ... we are a hot news item and life is good .. but let it drag on like iraq has and the line troops get the crappy end of things ,,, ahhh the fickle finger of fate strikes again .. a country that dispises it's military will soon have a dispicable army..kudos to you for serving as an AMERICAN !!!!

Old 11-13-2010, 07:53 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
US NAVY

PO 1st class 79 till 85

Old 11-13-2010, 07:58 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FORD14TPU
I won't go off on a RANT .. i swore i wouldn't .. so i'll just tell you a little story ..army service from nov 72 till nov 75 .. was in basic when Nixon says no more fresh troops to Vietnam .. did 16 months at Ft Lewis Wa, .. 16 months in Germany ..fly into SC and proccessed out of the army .. wore my uniform home to get the mil discount ..Spit on only 4 times getting to the plane .. tripped twice finding my seat .. guy next to me flags the stew down .. you have to find me a new seat . i'm not setting next to this ..land at LAX ..catcalls of baby killer follow me down to baggage claim ..more nice things said as i'm waiting for my duffle to get down .. pushed onto the carosel as i'm grabbing my duffelbag.. more nice words and gifts of spit as i find my way to the curb .. cab home .. as i'm paying off and tipping the cab with what little cash i had left .. he says welcome home baby killer as he drives off..ya .. welcome home ..i won't go off on a rant .. i won't ..<WIPES eyes> this day just makes me sad............
Just saw this post and had to respond. I too served in Nam, Sep "67" to Aug "70". The day I was released from the hospital my mother and younger brother came to pick me up. My "long haired hippy brother" called me a baby killer himself! I knocked out his two front teeth and spent the next week in jail. I haven't spoken to him since 1970. Back then you didn't want to be seen off post with a uniform on because of all the HATE directed at you.

After 40 years I'm still not over the treatment we Vet's received. Veterans Day is a hard day for me, as is the yearly anniversary of "TET".......I lost 6 friends in the Tet offensive of 1968. Two of them died in my arms. Out of the last squad I was in I'm the only one left. 4 of them committed suicide, 2 died from Agent Orange and I'm the only one left. I feel your pain my friend, and I fear the only way we'll get over it is when we die.....

To all the Vets out there, thank you for your service!

Originally Posted by 49fordpickumup
Thanks guys,
I spent 1966-67 in Vietnam. I lost two high school friends and 58,000 brothers. I read a article resently that said "They gave their tomorrows so that we could have our todays". It made me choke up. I think all the fallen in our country's history would just asks us to pray for the USA. We live in very trying times. God bless the USA !!!!! Protect our 2nd admendment rights, so we can protect the USA. chuck
Originally Posted by tardster
I have been in the Army for 4 years now. I am a Sgt and will be getting my E6 here soon. As bad as your story is believe it or not things are kind of going in that direction for us as these wars drag on. People have lost track that we did not start these wars. They were brought to us on Sept 11th on American soil but thanks to CNN (Communist News Network) and others showing all the bad things that have happened and blowing it so far out of proportion. Yes we have lost around 8,000 US Soldiers but these so-called news networks don't say anything about losing damn near 10,000 US Soldiers lives in the first 30-45 minutes of D-Day, they also do not acknowledge all of the accomplishments we have gained. A lot of people don't understand just how long it takes to take a whole country and train them to defend themselves and thats just the beginning of it. People think we can go over there give them a 9 week basic training and come home, if it was only that easy. We just had one of our guys brought home after his humvee got hit by a IED in Afghanistan last week. I'm still pissed by how people were trying to pass the funeral procession and the lack of people not showing respect for this Soldier. Yes there were several hundred people on the side of the road but his body was brought home on Veterans day so I know a lot of people had the day off but decided he wasn't worth their time. We are now starting to get those lovely catcalls ourselves, have people treat us like crap. Hell we even get people who try to start fights or arguments with us. Sorry to rant myself but if I can get 1 person who might not like what is going on or what we do to think a little more about this before they do/say something then it's worth it for the guys who really sacrificed for us. Ok enough of my rant and yes Thank You to all of those who have served, we all owe you a
To the vets that have posted in this thread and all those vets that read these posts. Dutch ( Graywolf ) started a social group here on FTE just for Vets. Great bunch of guys, and I invite all Vets to come and join us!

Link: Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - VET NET