Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member New Truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 03:52 PM
sari58
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member New Truck

Hi everyone my name is Sarah. I have recently found myself the proud new owner of a 1988 Ford F-150 Regular Cab long bed truck. I know absolutely nothing about trucks or mechanics. With the help of my awesome husband I am going to learn how to fix up and maintain this truck. This should be an interesting experience. Any advice and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:02 PM
raystankewitz
Posting Guru

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Coincidence?

Hey Sarah!

Welcome to FTE!

BTW, related to the guy grousing about his wife laying claim to the new truck in the household?

Anyway, one tip is to keep the maintenance up on your Ford. Lack of maintenance is the main reason most Fords quit. Abuse they can handle but ignoring your truck's maintenance needs . . .

Ray

Old 11-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Redneckryder
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, thats her!! lol <--Sarah's husband here. My name is Rob. We are getting this truck from a friend, His family owned it since new. Body is mint except for the rust on both rear wheel wells. We are gonna use this truck as a learning platform for her. We got it running, but the "gas" that is in the tank wood be better served as a wood finish remover. I cant complain about the price--I hated the rims on my F-250, so my buddy swapped me for his steelies, I gave him my old bow that i was gonna give him anyways. He came up to me and offered me the truck for the rims he already had, the bow he was already shooting, and $500.