No throttle?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 02:11 AM
wahusker
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No throttle?

Hello FTE!

2000/F350/7.3l/4X4<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
Pulling the boat today (awesome weather), stopped for lunch, came out fired up the truck dropped it into drive and mashed on the pedal...nothing! Not even a rev? I tried lower gears and re-starting with no luck. I was able to limp the truck into a spot for the night, luckily it will move in drive and reverse at an idle. Right away I thought throttle positioning sensor? I went back to get the boat with another truck and discovered that when the truck is idling (which is all it will do) the gauges do not work? No RPMs and no glow plug lights? I am stumped... Any ideas? <o></o>

Old 11-04-2010, 02:36 AM
Sheldon Plankton
Senior User
Here's my thread about what I believe to be your problem. The wire to the overdrive control on the end of the shifter has shorted.

It should be a fuse on the underdash fuse panel. Bottom row, 4th or 5th from the right. If you don't address the problem of the chaffed insulation on the wire it will short out again.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:05 AM
wahusker
Freshman User
First sign of light...I'm on it! Thanks

Old 11-04-2010, 03:13 AM
derek0525
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya mine has been doin that lately every once in a wile if I hit the O/D button the truck will stay running but no pedal and I carry a couple fuses with me it's a 10amp fuse

I guess I should check my wiring when I get home in the morning do you gota remove the ignition to get the top off?

Old 11-04-2010, 05:03 PM
wahusker
Freshman User
No throttle

Ok, daylight came and I discovered, as you predicted a blown 10A fuse. Replaced it with a blows it glows fuse hit the switch and pop...there it goes again. Assuming all the info I read is good to go I have a short in my OD line. My OD light and the ability to switch it on the column shifter has been INOP for over a year now so maybe this will correst that as well. Now I have to read up on how difficult it is to tear into the colmn/shifter and find this short? I may call in some help on this, sound involved.