Sponsored by:

Updated excursion fender badges?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 09:04 PM
andy9743
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Updated excursion fender badges?

Saw some from the company that did the group buy that were perfect...but they said international under the excursion. I have a v10. Any options? I've updated a lot of items on my truck (grill, front and rear bumpers, mirrors) to newer items but the emblems screen 2003. Any suggestions?

Old 03-23-2017, 10:29 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by andy9743
Saw some from the company that did the group buy that were perfect...but they said international under the excursion....Any suggestions?
Get the ones that say V10, would be my suggestion.

Stewart

Old 03-24-2017, 07:51 AM
andy9743
Senior User
I see the round ones with v10. Nothing for a rectangle type replacement? Looking on my phone. I'll take a look on my desktop.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:17 AM
Chainsaw1062
5th Wheeling
you can get them to say whatever you want billetbadges.com

Old 03-24-2017, 12:13 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
I see the round ones with v10. Nothing for a rectangle type replacement?
I'm a little confused, I thought you wanted the newer style since referenced the group buy badge, no?

If all you want is a same MY stock replacement then go with Billet Badges. If you want the newer style like the group buy, then get that style with the V10 on it.

Stewart

Old 03-24-2017, 07:16 PM
andy9743
Senior User
Stewart. I'm looking for an updated fender badge. I saw some that the company that did the group buy had that said excursion on them but under said international. If billet badges is the only option I'll check them out.

any other options?

Old 03-24-2017, 07:54 PM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
Billet badges does real nice work. I have bought 3 sets in the past.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:40 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Stewart. I'm looking for an updated fender badge. I saw some that the company that did the group buy had that said excursion on them but under said international.
Yeah, I know. But obviously you don't understand me.

For the second time, if you like the one from the group buy, but obviously don't want the ones that say "International" because you have a gasser, then why don't you get the ones that were made for the V10?

Or maybe it is me. Maybe I don't understand you. Lemme ask you this, when you post you want an "updated fender badge" don't you mean a newer style badge, like the ones from the group buy?

Stewart

Old 03-25-2017, 06:03 AM
PSUhoss
Senior User
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Yeah, I know. But obviously you don't understand me.

For the second time, if you like the one from the group buy, but obviously don't want the ones that say "International" because you have a gasser, then why don't you get the ones that were made for the V10?

Or maybe it is me. Maybe I don't understand you. Lemme ask you this, when you post you want an "updated fender badge" don't you mean a newer style badge, like the ones from the group buy?

Stewart
Was there a fender badge group buy? If so, it was before my time around here or I just missed it.

however, I am certain that there was a door badge group buy that I was part of to get one for my v10.

maybe there is some confusion regard to fender or door buys?

seems to me you were a little harsh on him stewart.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:26 AM
DarkyDizzle13
Senior User
Old 03-25-2017, 11:58 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by PSUhoss
seems to me you were a little harsh on him stewart.
Then you read it with the wrong voice inflection in your head when you read my post, but that's one of the pitfalls of communicating this way.

Either way, you've brought up something I hadn't considered, a badge is a badge. Where a person chooses to put them on the vehicle is up to them. Whether it's the fender, the door, the tailgate, or the hood, it's still a badge/emblem.

Stewart

Old 03-25-2017, 12:39 PM
PSUhoss
Senior User
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Then you read it with the wrong voice inflection in your head when you read my post, but that's one of the pitfalls of communicating this way.

Either way, you've brought up something I hadn't considered, a badge is a badge. Where a person chooses to put them on the vehicle is up to them. Whether it's the fender, the door, the tailgate, or the hood, it's still a badge/emblem.

Stewart
Um, no - I am pretty sure he was looking for for a fender badge, at least according to the title!

All good. I hope he finds what he is looking for.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:03 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Um, no - I am pretty sure he was looking for for a fender badge, at least according to the title!
Yeah, according to his title he wants a fender badge, yet he uses a door badge (using differing terms now to make sure we are on the same page) as the example of what he wants, with one small change. That change being one made for the V10 owner, instead of the diesel owner. So if he likes the diesel version, why doesn't he just get the same emblem, but get the one made for the V10?

Don't you see the confusion?

Look at it this way, take the location of where he wants to put it out of the equation. Who cares if it's gonna go on the fender, door, tailgate, or forehead. If he likes that newer style badge from the group buy, but doesn't like the diesel version that say's "International" then why doesn't he just get the version for the V10?

Stated differently, he likes the badge style from the group buy, but doesn't like the one that says "International" and wants one for the V10 crowd. So what's wrong with the badge that is made for the V10 crowd? He's looking for a V10 one like that diesel one, but he hasn't said why he doesn't he like the ones made for the V10 guys.

Stewart

Old 03-25-2017, 01:09 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Hoss Man, lemme use his quote to try and be more clear.....

Saw some from the company that did the group buy that were perfect...but they said international under the excursion. I have a v10. Any options?
Since those badges were "perfect" except for the International part, I suggested getting the same "perfect" badge (who cares where he puts it) but to get the ones made for the V10, not the diesels.

Stewart

Old 03-25-2017, 01:20 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 834 Likes on 573 Posts
And then there's this.....

I see the round ones with v10. Nothing for a rectangle type replacement? Looking on my phone. I'll take a look on my desktop.
I think maybe Andy is looking for a set of fender emblems with an updated "Excursion" script above and maybe "Triton 6.8" below that.
Personally, I'm not a big fan of the round 6.7 copies, but one like described above might get my attention (and money).

Quick Reply: Updated excursion fender badges?