2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

How do you track your order?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 01:49 PM
CO Wapiti
Elder User
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
How do you track your order?

Hello, I ordered my truck on Oct. 12th. My dealers sheet says my truck will be delivered Dec. 26th. After reading about all the nightmare stories here I just don't believe Ford's delivery date. I'm one of these guys who needs to make a purchase by the end of the year. I'm sure I can pay for it by year end but I'm only willing to do that if it will ship shortly there after. Getting nervous I asked my dealer for a VIN #. I punch that VIN #into Ford's custom order tracking on the web and it says the VIN # can't be found so now I'm starting to get nervous.
Is there a different website I need to be on? I read that people are getting there actual build dates. Meanwhile, I have my dealer double checking the vin # they gave me again and I requested the order number and dealer code so I could try the alternate method that website gives.
I'm like some others on here> I won't play Ford's game. I'll cancel and just go back to a Ram with Aasin tranny. I have been super happy with both of my Dodges. (95, 05).
Thank you in advance for all of your comments

Old 12-08-2016, 02:57 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by CO Wapiti
Hello, I ordered my truck on Oct. 12th. My dealers sheet says my truck will be delivered Dec. 26th. After reading about all the nightmare stories here I just don't believe Ford's delivery date. I'm one of these guys who needs to make a purchase by the end of the year. I'm sure I can pay for it by year end but I'm only willing to do that if it will ship shortly there after. Getting nervous I asked my dealer for a VIN #. I punch that VIN #into Ford's custom order tracking on the web and it says the VIN # can't be found so now I'm starting to get nervous.
Is there a different website I need to be on? I read that people are getting there actual build dates. Meanwhile, I have my dealer double checking the vin # they gave me again and I requested the order number and dealer code so I could try the alternate method that website gives.
I'm like some others on here> I won't play Ford's game. I'll cancel and just go back to a Ram with Aasin tranny. I have been super happy with both of my Dodges. (95, 05).
Thank you in advance for all of your comments
I can't say how many times people have asked about the Ford customer order tracking site. It doesn't work and it never has. However, you can use your VIN with Ford chat to get updates from them. They will give you a build date range and an ETA when it's available.

You can also use this link to get your window sticker when it shows up. That is usually one week to a couple of days before the truck is actually built. This link is for my truck and all you have to do is replace the VIN in the link with your VIN.

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect....8W3BT2HEB69333

Old 12-08-2016, 03:24 PM
CO Wapiti
Elder User
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
EpicCowLick, thank you for your reply even though this has been asked many times. I tried the search feature to no avail....probably me. I was able to get my window sticker like you said. My dealer said the truck is complete and waiting to be shipped. Now comes the waiting game from what I'm reading. Heck, I'd fly to KY if they would let me. That way driving home I could get the 1000 mile break in on it and it would be ready for towing. Thank you again

Old 12-08-2016, 05:40 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
No problem, I didn't mean to come across as a sully forum know-it-all. But that is indeed how it sounded. Sorry. Ford should either make their website work or take it down. It's very confusing to folks who are anxious for information on their orders. And yes, I'm willing to bet about 50% of the folks on here would love to make a pilgrimage to KY. I would have for the exact reasons you stated. Good luck on the rest of your wait. Waiting anxiety seems to follow a logarithmic curve. It gets progressively worse until the truck arrives.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:17 PM
SmokinJoe747
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could also try this website, as it should give you your build date.
https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleReg...845.eccvas510#

Old 12-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Mgjfam
Senior User
CO Wapiti......I ordered my truck one day later than you (Oct 13th) and today (12/8/16) my window sticker finally showed up on the window sticker website. My dealer told me that the truck would be built during the week of 12/12/16. I believe that when the sticker shows up a....that's a SIGN that they are getting ready to build.

Make sure you enter the correct VIN number that your dealer gives you when you enter the sticker website that Epic Cowlick gave you.

I'm like you....I need to write the truck off as a tax deduction. My dealer said he would write something up if it doesn't show up before the end of the year.

The delivery date is supposed to be 1/2/2017.....so I'm hoping it might be a little early. From what I've seen....the ETA dates are usually pretty accurate.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:07 PM
Florit17
Mountain Pass
Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Mgjfam
. . . From what I've seen....the ETA dates are usually pretty accurate.
My truck was built on 11/4 and the ETA date was and still is 11/28 - As of today, my truck is still sitting on a ramp at KTP

I'm starting to worry that the aluminum will rust before the truck gets here!

Old 12-08-2016, 10:43 PM
CaveCreeker
Junior User
Mgjfam I ordered mine a month after you, Nov 10, have a build date of 12/14 and an eta of 1/9.... how can that be? no window sticker yet. my dealer put mine in as priority 10. says I owe him some beer, so not sure if he was able to expedite or not. I wonder if they build similar configurations (crew cab) all at the same time or not?