6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

First time Diesel owner, Delet info.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 05:11 PM
Theonesr
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time Diesel owner, Delet info.

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a used 2011 F-250 6.7 with 177k miles. I have been doing some research on the DEF delete but just not sure if I should do it. The truck is very well taken care of and has no current issues with everything stock. Also some say it does give you better MPG and some say it doesn't affect it at all. I would really appreciate any feed back. Thanks.

Last edited by Theonesr; 10-24-2016 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 10-24-2016, 06:57 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Delete it. There are so many benefits and no negative results. Delete it.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:28 PM
bobv60
Fleet Mechanic
Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts
There is another side to this. The emmison is required by the FEDERAL government. Tampering or removing this equptment is against the FEDERAL law. I have no personal experience but have heard of roadside checks, the government can impound your vehice untI'll brought back to compliance. You also might have local emission checks, if not now, possibly in the future.
Then you also have the fact that we all want clean air, I am old enough to remember how bad the smog in Southern California in the 60s and 70s. I really don't want any city looking like that again.
That all being said, there are good reasons to delete. Please do not roll coal though, it really isn't the right thing to do and it means nothing, to most people it makes you look stupid.
I strongly advise you to keep ALL the parts you remove. You will someday want to sell the truck , or you may get caught and have to return to stock. The replacement parts are not cheap and it is NOT leagal for wrecking yard to sell them.
It is your decision, make sure you have all the facts before you commit. Good luck wit what ever way you decide.
For me I will probably delete my 2011 at some point, but won't turn up the power much, if at all. I do like the way it runs now, and we really are at the max the drive train can take and still be reliable. My 97 Ram came with 215hp and 440 torque. I am almost double that now from the factory

Old 10-25-2016, 05:11 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,418 Likes on 1,013 Posts
op is from texas. I think some of tx does do emissions testing.

Be sure to check where you live.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:41 AM
Theonesr
New User
Originally Posted by bobv60
There is another side to this. The emmison is required by the FEDERAL government. Tampering or removing this equptment is against the FEDERAL law. I have no personal experience but have heard of roadside checks, the government can impound your vehice untI'll brought back to compliance. You also might have local emission checks, if not now, possibly in the future.
Then you also have the fact that we all want clean air, I am old enough to remember how bad the smog in Southern California in the 60s and 70s. I really don't want any city looking like that again.
That all being said, there are good reasons to delete. Please do not roll coal though, it really isn't the right thing to do and it means nothing, to most people it makes you look stupid.
I strongly advise you to keep ALL the parts you remove. You will someday want to sell the truck , or you may get caught and have to return to stock. The replacement parts are not cheap and it is NOT leagal for wrecking yard to sell them.
It is your decision, make sure you have all the facts before you commit. Good luck wit what ever way you decide.
For me I will probably delete my 2011 at some point, but won't turn up the power much, if at all. I do like the way it runs now, and we really are at the max the drive train can take and still be reliable. My 97 Ram came with 215hp and 440 torque. I am almost double that now from the factory
Thanks for the reply, I have no intention of rolling coal, I agree it stupid. The only reason I'm thinking about deleting is because all the info I'm reading on here about the benefits. I'm from Texas and have never seen or heard of anyone getting a fine for emissions. Hopefully they don't start doing that here. I will ask around and get more info on that. Thanks again for the information.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:30 AM
bobv60
Fleet Mechanic
Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Theonesr
Thanks for the reply, I have no intention of rolling coal, I agree it stupid. The only reason I'm thinking about deleting is because all the info I'm reading on here about the benefits. I'm from Texas and have never seen or heard of anyone getting a fine for emissions. Hopefully they don't start doing that here. I will ask around and get more info on that. Thanks again for the information.
I hope you didn't think I was trying to talk you out if it. I just feel that you should look at all sides before making a decision. I will probably delte mine also at some point.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:42 AM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Theonesr
If there's money in it and a politician feels he can get a chunk of it, guess what?

Old 10-25-2016, 11:46 AM
my50F1
New User
Wait until after the election.

Old 10-25-2016, 12:02 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,631 Likes on 1,644 Posts
Originally Posted by 69cj
If there's money in it and a politician feels he can get a chunk of it, guess what?
There is also the EPA........is it possible that they "mandate" all states start doing emission inspection of all diesel trucks after a certain manufacture date or lose Federal funding, circumventing all legislative process, without warning???? This is in the back of my mind whenever I think of deleting.

Old 10-26-2016, 11:29 AM
doublenot7
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some parts of Texas do emission testing, but only for gas engines. No diesel testing anywhere. I got my last safety inspection passed with a CEL on (bad sensor on DEF tank). No more DEF, DPF, etc...

Old 10-27-2016, 05:32 PM
Theonesr
New User
Originally Posted by my50F1
Wait until after the election.
Originally Posted by 69cj
Originally Posted by doublenot7
Some parts of Texas do emission testing, but only for gas engines. No diesel testing anywhere. I got my last safety inspection passed with a CEL on (bad sensor on DEF tank). No more DEF, DPF, etc...
Thanks for the information, I've decided to get it done just going to wait for the year to be over.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:32 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by senix
op is from texas. I think some of tx does do emissions testing.

Be sure to check where you live.
Several counties do, but only on gasoline engines.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:43 PM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Even if you do have emmisons testing, it's once a year and only take a couple hours to switch back to stock to go pass the test.

Is it a pain to have to do that every year? Yes! But well worth all the benefits of loosing all that crap choking your engine.