Thread: Why...
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 03:51 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
My prayers go out to your family. It sounds like you guys thought about the pro's and cons and made the right decision. I'm sure it was tough, but you'll see how strong babies are, man are they resilient! My 3rd boy (who will be 3 this week) had to have open heart surgery at 4 months to replace a valve and "shell" (for lack of a better term) out the extra muscle that was causing his heart to be enlarged. The technical term is hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (he also has WPW but we don't need get into details, google if you're interested). He's doing great now and won't need another surgery until he's 10, so we thank God everyday for the time we have together. Anyways, any kind of surgery is scary, especially when it's you're own child, it's alot of ups and downs, but have faith in the dr's, they know what they're doin'. One (of many) thing I'm thankful for is the fact that he'll never remember any of what he went through. He may question the scars, and I'll let him know what happened, but also that chicks dig scars.

I lost my mom to brain cancer 2 months ago, my father in law to mesothelioma last August, and close friend to lung cancer last November. I often find myself asking the same question, "Why?"... I'll never figure it out and am fairly certain I'll never get an answer, I just have to learn to move on.

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with your family during this time. Please keep us updated (when you can of course).