View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 12:05 AM
ReadOrDie_WoW
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm only saying that the latest hemi and 4.7 is about the best you can buy, I -love- fords and wish I would have been able to buy an 08 f-150 vs. the 08 1500, but I wasn't able to, and the truck hasn't let me down since I bought it, in every way I believe the 4.7 is better than anything ford had, and the hemi is just plain mean compared to the 4.7, about the only thing I can complain about is that its harder than heck to do a burnout with my 4.7 because of the limited slip rearend and the fact that 3rd gear (its a 4 speed automatic) is realitively useless while towing), and I'm sure I'm doing something wrong cause I've seen others burnout with similar trucks, after two years of hard abuse on the truck (racing everyone I meet at a light, using it as a work truck, opening it up to WOT while near, around dirt just to watch the rooster tails from all fours, and towing my 10,000 poung travel trailer about 5 times a years at about 1500 miles a piece ]and giving the motor no slack cause it has a lifetime engine and tranny warantee]) ect and generally trying to destroy it, its not any more different than it was when I bought it new, so even though I wish I could have bought an f-150, you won't here me complain about my little 4.7 ram, if you don't believe me I will gladly post videos of anything you request , also I while I totally agree with you on one of your views about chevys, I don't on the dodges, dodges have always been the best "beat all to hell and keep going" work trucks, and fords have been the best consumer trucks, on that note, heres a video I made a couple months after I bought it, you'll notice that quite a few of my views expressed in the video haven't changed, although its altogether 20 min long, the more interesting stuff in in the first couple mins the rest is me just ranting about the truck, part two is me towingmy camper, it was 2000 pnds heavier then-> YouTube - 08 Ram 1500 Tour http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o70JRbBGk4M

Last edited by ReadOrDie_WoW; 10-25-2009 at 12:14 AM. Reason: added a hint...