Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2009, 03:08 PM
New User

fortmacford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dodge 5.7L Hemi VS. Ford 5.4L

A close buddy of mine just got an 04 Ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 with a 5.7L Hemi, What do you guys think, can my 08 Expedition 5.4L beat this thing 0-60 or 1/4 mile???
Old 05-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Post Fiend

LMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputation
Probably not, but depending on the mileage on his hemi, he may need to add a half quart of oil at the finish line. And you won't.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
No, his truck is 1,000 pounds lighter.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:10 PM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.
I responded in the other thread you posted...but for some reason it got closed

but yeah, gotta agree with the others. Especially as I have the 325 HP 5.7 in my driveway as well right now.

I did discover that my EL is a different beast (kinda) with the RSC turned off. It can get up and scoot alot more than I thought...especially when the RSC isn't cutting power and hitting the brakes if a little body roll is detected
Old 05-14-2009, 05:38 AM
Senior User

Freak4Ford is starting off with a positive reputation.
As long as its for fun, run em! But realize you will be bringing up the rear.
MagnaFlow S/S Resonator
22" wheels
305/40 tires

Old 05-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Postmaster

nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortmacford View Post
A close buddy of mine just got an 04 Ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 with a 5.7L Hemi, What do you guys think, can my 08 Expedition 5.4L beat this thing 0-60 or 1/4 mile???
ya dont have a chance. well now maybe when ford brings out the 6.2 he'll be the one without a chance.

AOD, red clutch packs, 2" OD band, Rebuilt/upgraded valve body, Stall coming soon
Old 05-14-2009, 12:58 PM

Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by nflfreak43 View Post
ya dont have a chance. well now maybe when ford brings out the 6.2 he'll be the one without a chance.
Well said!

Someone rear ended me back in October of '08 and her insurance company gave me an '09 Expedition EL to drive. It only had about 30K on it, but it felt like it needed more time to break in before the engine would wake up. It moved, but only when it wanted to; I had to learn how to mash the pedal to get it to really take off from the line. Now had they put the V10 below the hood it would have been a different story....
Excursion & 6.7 Forum Mod Death Row Inmate #21
Black Beauty: 2005 Ford Excursion Limited, 4wd "The 6.0" Bulletproofed by Powerstroke Enginuities Studded, Deleted, Flo-Pro'd, Atlas 40, Heavily RiffRaff'd, and Gearheaded
Big Red Beast: 2001 Ford Excursion Limited, 2wd, "The 7.3" Built with blood, sweat, and tears by Me and Riffraff Diesel, heavily modded, also Gearheaded
FTE Guidelines
Old 05-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel View Post
Well said!

Someone rear ended me back in October of '08 and her insurance company gave me an '09 Expedition EL to drive. It only had about 30K on it, but it felt like it needed more time to break in before the engine would wake up. It moved, but only when it wanted to; I had to learn how to mash the pedal to get it to really take off from the line. Now had they put the V10 below the hood it would have been a different story....
An 09 with 30K on it? Are you sure it wasn't an 08?

Old 05-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Post Fiend

85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortmacford View Post
OK, I'm ready for .

What I want to know is what is the demographic that buys a station wagon--oh, I'm sorry, a station wagon with big tires, AKA SUV, and still gives a rats rear about racing a pickup truck? What, 16 year olds with triplets? You were in the wrong section of the showroom for 1/4 mile results.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Postmaster

nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85e150six4mtod View Post
OK, I'm ready for .

What I want to know is what is the demographic that buys a station wagon--oh, I'm sorry, a station wagon with big tires, AKA SUV, and still gives a rats rear about racing a pickup truck? What, 16 year olds with triplets? You were in the wrong section of the showroom for 1/4 mile results.
lol thats a good one. thats pretty dag gum funny.

AOD, red clutch packs, 2" OD band, Rebuilt/upgraded valve body, Stall coming soon
Old 05-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
OK, I'm ready for .

The same guy who spends $10K plus adding super chargers, exhaust, etc in order to make the 6,000lb beast move like a pick up truck.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:42 PM

Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by berry1234 View Post
An 09 with 30K on it? Are you sure it wasn't an 08?
Wait, I had an 08 with 30K THEN they gave me an 09 10K because they said the 08 had too many miles and needed to be taken out of the fleet. The experience wasn't much different though....
Excursion & 6.7 Forum Mod Death Row Inmate #21
Black Beauty: 2005 Ford Excursion Limited, 4wd "The 6.0" Bulletproofed by Powerstroke Enginuities Studded, Deleted, Flo-Pro'd, Atlas 40, Heavily RiffRaff'd, and Gearheaded
Big Red Beast: 2001 Ford Excursion Limited, 2wd, "The 7.3" Built with blood, sweat, and tears by Me and Riffraff Diesel, heavily modded, also Gearheaded
FTE Guidelines
Old 05-14-2009, 06:32 PM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
OK, I'm ready for .

Quote:
The same guy who spends $10K plus adding super chargers, exhaust, etc in order to make the 6,000lb beast move like a pick up truck.
I only spent $2,850 to Supercharge my 2006 F-150...and it could hang with Mustangs up to about 60 MPH. Not bad for a truck that weighs 6,000 lbs

I don't need all the performance, but it's nice to have alot of power on tap. More = better in my book

I'm trying to figure out what rear axle my 08 Expy has...then I'm gonna see about swinging 4.30 gears...hope it is a 9.75 axle or bigger
the stock performance is actually quite adequate, but I wouldn't mind just a bit more

and while I'm in there, I might through a good OEM LS unit as well
I can't seem to leave vehicles alone. I like to tinker a bit. I can't wait to get the SRT-8 6.1 cam and install it into my Durango. Cam Swap + tuning should get me at least another 40 HP

gotta have some fun with 'em IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel View Post
Wait, I had an 08 with 30K THEN they gave me an 09 10K because they said the 08 had too many miles and needed to be taken out of the fleet. The experience wasn't much different though....
thing you gotta be aware of in the 2004+ Light-Duty Fords with Auto Tranny

They have a smart programming that learns how you drive, and adjusts tranny performance accordingly.
so if you drive like a grandpa (nice & slow), the tranny does longer shift, and they are pretty seamless. Pretty soft

if you drive it hard, the tranny will shift harder, and the vehicle seems more responsive

That is why sometimes it is a good idea for someone who just bought a used Ford to unplug the battery. That forces the tranny to restart from ground zero and learn a new driving profile
Old 05-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Elder User

04markIII is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
HEY!!!! i resemble that remark!! LOL
2003 Expedition: 5.4L, Harley supercharger, 4lb lower pulley, c&l plenum, k&n panel filter, LFP SBTB, FTSP, removed front cats, Magnaflow 3" catback, Bilsteins, Eclipse AVN-5510, white face gauges, cobalt c2 boost gauge, 331 rwhp, 432 rwtq (dynoe'd w/20's, 17's back on now)
Old 09-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Freshman User

Wookie50 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Yup,I'm that guy and it was worth every penny!The soccer dad has a fun Expy and has been shocking the hell out of Hemi's and Mustangs!

Old 09-25-2009, 10:43 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
14, 54, 57, dodge, dodge57l, engine, f150, forum, hemi, maintenance, mile, performance, specs, stock, truck, vs