View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 07:34 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by camodown
Hey everybody! I just replaced an ECT today and noticed the wiring harness below my master cylinder was wet and the wetness continues down the shock mount. It seems like brake fluid and the connector from the brake level sensor is damp, as well as the cruise harness, but the nut is dry. The bottom of the master is wet but the tank doesn't look cracked. I couldn't find any place underneath for the master to leak. Does fluid come out of the brake level sensor and how the heck does it come out? I pulled the plug and could get it to slide out...

For some strange reason I have a feeling Ford SHOULD recall these sensors because it seems like these have the same problem as gassers with leaking... I know the diesel doesn't have constant power unless powered on, so I guess if the sensor lights a fire, I'll get roasted instead of my property....
Which connector is leaking or wet? I am confused, a bit, by your description. Sounds like you were describing the pressure switch, when you said "nut". That is the one with the 'power', you were referring to. IIRC, the level sensor uses a "ground" to set the light for 'low fluid level'.
Name:  master cyl level sensor.gif
Views: 38564
Size:  5.6 KB Level Sensor

Name:  master cyl pressure switch.gif
Views: 13660
Size:  5.4 KB Pressure Switch