View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Bear 45/70
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by zenmaster
Krewat and Bear,

Krewat is right, and while I agree with you Bear, the winter in Canada can be cold - cold enough to warrant having the choke system functioning properly. I'm also a bit **** about things not working as they're supposed to. So now the question becomes - where do I find these missing parts? I know the choke fitting is sucking in unfiltered air, and that can't be good. Plus, even with the engine up to temp, It won't kickdown to the curb idle - it keeps jumping back up on the choke cam as soon as I drive. Which means every stoplight I have to kick it down again. Annoying as well as wasting gas. I have all the catalogues I know of: Dennis Carpenter, LMC, BOTP, NPD, and none of them show the parts I need. Wreckers are few & far between up here, as far as I know.
Bear - I am talking about 2 sepatate but connected problems: first is the black rubber hose from the bottom of the air horn - it has no vacuum. 2, the fitting in the choke spring housing which does have vacuum. Sorry I wasn't clear about that!

Thanks for all your help,

zenmaster
Your best bet for parts is the junk yard. The vacuum to the air horn needs to either run straight to manifold vacuum or run thru a temperature switch then to manifold vacuum depending on what style of door mechanizum you have. The choke, which is suppose to have vacuum from inside the carb body. The line is suppose to run to a stove on the intake manifold or the exhaust manifold. The line is normally metal. I've never seen a filter on one.