View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 02:27 PM
amstel78
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here was a post I found in one of the threads:

Originally Posted by pohlmeyr
This is what i did when i first got my truck. My wife was kinda upset i was already working on it.

The fix for "Mushy brake pedal feel" is quite simple. Most of the ford vehicles i have owned needed this fix done.
There is a shaft that is adjustable behind the Master Cylinder and is attached to the brake booster. You need to take off the master cylinder but DO NOT remove any of the master cylinder brake lines (Be careful not to bend any). There is enough room to move the master cylinder out of the way and not remove the lines. Be careful not to lose the O-ring that seals the master cylinder to the Brake Booster. It will be kinda tough to remove at first because of the vacuum that is still in there. The 2 nuts that need to be removed are 1/2". After the master cylinder is removed use a 45* or 90* needle nose pliers to hold the splined shaft and unscrew the 7mm bolt on the end of the shaft. This makes the rod longer which engages the brakes sooner. I unscrewed mine (2008 f150 4x4 screw) 3/4 of a turn and it seems to be about right. I took mine for a test drive and then jacked up the front of the truck and spun the tires to see how much drag i had. If you unscrew the bolt too far it will keep the brakes engaged and you will have a warped rotor or a lot of brake dust . If you look at the pictures i used a paint pen and marked the top of my socket so i knew how far i had unscrewed the bolt. Assemble in the reverse order. If you have any questions or this doesn't make sense let me know and i will try to further explain. Good Luck!!!!