Thread: Oops. . .
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 05:46 PM
frederic
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I pm'd you my info. Feel free to call tonight or whenever if you want. I'm not working at the moment so my schedule can be reasonably flexible.

There's no need to buy the entire column, assuming we can get the part you need out somewhat easily.

As much as it annoys the junkyard "cash collector guy" I always break things down and take the bare minimum, simply because I don't want to pay for stuff I don't need with money I don't have

My crowbar is my best friend. Fastest way to remove a GM ECM is with a crowbar. Break off dash on passenger side, reach between dash and side pillar, pull ECM hard and viola, no wrenches necessary!

Anyway, let me know what works for you. I'm right off the parkway just above where it crosses the turnpike so getting to me is very easy.

Oh, and TJC Tom, I still have that partial cluster of your vintage if you want it - the gauges that are left are in perfect working order as is the shell and the circuit membrane wrapped around the back if you want free spares. If not that's cool, I'll toss it.

Last edited by frederic; 10-03-2007 at 05:52 PM.