Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2007, 04:58 AM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

Loud & Proud is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oops. . .

Hey guys, a few weeks ago I ended up breaking an ignition piece in my s/column that I can't get anywhere, LMC truck, etc. I've called a few places, Red Bank Recycling, a few j/yards on Texas Rd., etc and was wondering if any of you, located in centralish NJ, might either have or know someone who's gettin' rid of a column that would fit a '90 F-150 SC with a 5spd. in it. It's not tilt, but I wouldn't mind tilt. lol Thanks for any info or ideas
Old 09-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Post Fiend
1995 Ford F-350

350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future
Englishtown is having there swap meet today maybe someone will have one?
If not try cosmos junk yard rt 9 so jersey

JOIN THE NEW JERSEY CHAPTER CLICK HERE

Last edited by 350steve; 09-30-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Garage is empty, add now

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
cosmos on rt 9 in bayville will have a column for you, but be warned. they get over $100 for one.

what piece do you need??
Old 10-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

I don't even remember what particular piece it was TJC. It's been broken for about three weeks and when I dismantled it and was looking at the piece I knew I was out of luck. I just have been hunting around for a column since then. I've found one or two on Ebay but I would rather find it local so I can look at it and physically check it out before dropping some green for one.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Post Fiend
Garage is empty, add now

frederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to all
If rahway is central NJ enough for ya there's quite a few F-series/Vans/Bronco's of your vintage in a particular yard I frequent.

If you wish to pull one, let me know and I'll go with you and pretend I'm buying it as often I get a small break due to my visiting them as often as I do.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

Hey that would be awesome! Do you want my cell # so we can figure out a time to go?
Old 10-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Post Fiend
Garage is empty, add now

frederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to all
I pm'd you my info. Feel free to call tonight or whenever if you want. I'm not working at the moment so my schedule can be reasonably flexible.

There's no need to buy the entire column, assuming we can get the part you need out somewhat easily.

As much as it annoys the junkyard "cash collector guy" I always break things down and take the bare minimum, simply because I don't want to pay for stuff I don't need with money I don't have

My crowbar is my best friend. Fastest way to remove a GM ECM is with a crowbar. Break off dash on passenger side, reach between dash and side pillar, pull ECM hard and viola, no wrenches necessary!

Anyway, let me know what works for you. I'm right off the parkway just above where it crosses the turnpike so getting to me is very easy.

Oh, and TJC Tom, I still have that partial cluster of your vintage if you want it - the gauges that are left are in perfect working order as is the shell and the circuit membrane wrapped around the back if you want free spares. If not that's cool, I'll toss it.

Last edited by frederic; 10-03-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Garage is empty, add now

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
dont toss it, put it on flea bay!!
Old 10-03-2007, 07:13 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter