Old 03-18-2007, 11:01 AM
cddz
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cddz
I will try to explain my problem in the greatest detail possible. I have a 97 mazda B4000 Approx 165k miles. I also have the 5R55E. I am not sure if the problems i am currently having with my transmission is due to a blow VBG. At times my tranny does not lockup, tripping P1744 code. I took it to a local transmission shop and he drove it while the problem was accuring. When he came bag from the "test drive" he said call him in a couple of days...... He needed to do some research. I know enough about how a transmission operates to understand why my tranny is shifting hard when it does not get lockup. The tech told me the computer was not telling it to lock up, but why would it trip that code? The pcm has to tell the TCC to engage in order for it to fail the test. But if what he says is true, i would only assume that the computer "thinks" there is a load on the engine, not allowing it to go into lockup. The tranny does go into OD, and it not always has the lockup problem. I tested the stall speed which is close to 2800 rpm, which tells me the clutches and plates are okay. I do not notice any slippage, the motor is strong. Any one out there in Ranger land have any ideas? And is this full line pressure engagment going to hurt the already tired tranny?
I did not get many replies or ideas to what my problem may be, lol i figured it got buried. I have also checked for manual engine breaking, which is good. Is there anyway to check my TC solenoid with out dropping the pan? Man i miss my brothers shop. The transmission shop basically told me they do not know what is wrong with it.