View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 04:54 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 04KingRanch
I currently have an 04 F-350 with a 6.0 and I am curious as to what people think about the switch to a 6.2 gas. I have heard some good things about this motor and I am thinking about making the switch if I can afford it.

I currently use my truck on the farm and I don't want to lose the torque or horsepower, but I am looking for a little less maintenance and fuel cost.

Please share your opinions...

Adam
Well, your fuel bill will go up, diesels get much better mpg's, but the maintenance on the gasser is significantly less than a diesel. Repairs on the diesel are higher, but resale is higher with the diesel, etc. It's all relative... Of course I'm assuming you've seen one of the many posts of me spamming the forum with my 16,500lb pull from the Ohio meet.

Some good perspectives in this thread:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...?highlight=6.0

Originally Posted by sammy77
Btw, are the injectors normally very loud on a 6.2?
Yes, they chatter quite a bit. I was concerned about this and brought it to my dealers attention when I bought the truck, he noted it, and the tech and service manager said it's normal. I didn't believe them so I went and bought a cheap harbor freight mechanics stethoscope, sure as heck, they were right, those things will blow out your ear drums with a stethoscope.