Thread: 100,000 miles
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 06:16 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon D
I'll throw in my 2 cents and share my doubts that the Titan tank has anything to do with any HPFP failures. I think it would be smarter to note that almost everyone that has a Titan tank puts lots of miles on their trucks. Over these miles I'd say it's quite likely that they've come across some crap fuel at a random station that lead to the HPFP failure. That to me would make a lot more sense. I know it's just what you've heard and is their thought but I wanted to point out the other side to that coin. Thanks

And congrats to the OP on the milestone. Hopefully you can post the same great review when you hit 200K!!
I don't doubt that one bit. I was just repeating what the blue oval folks have said in looking for an excuse. I am sure more than a couple of in ground tanks have water leaking into them.
AS for the OP, my work truck('08 F450 6.4L) made it to 114K and then lost the engine due to a bad oil cooler. The truck averaged a little over 20mph during its life. AS you can tell it idled A LOT and took a lot of abuse. Still very proud of it. If you had a way to convert the time to mileage, I am very sure it would be nearing, if not more than 200k of run time. I still love the 6.4s.