View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 09:51 PM
edwjr42
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vipersinu2
I have fixed my deployable power running board. Here is how

Step 1. Remove the running board from truck, 4 13mm nuts and 2 13mm bolts unplug wiring.

Step 2. Remove motor cover. 2 small torque screws.

Step 3. Spray lubricant behind the circuit board to lubricate transmission.

Step 4. On rear of the hinge there is an 8mm bolt remove it and knock out aluminum wedge. Remember which way it comes out. That wedge is a keyway that makes the board move with the motor shaft.

Step 5. With the wedge removed, spray all the moving joints with lubricant and work the hinges up and down, until everything moves freely. Working the lubricant into all the joints.

Step 6. Install wedge back into place; install motor cover back on to motor. ( Make sure that the rear bearing is aligned to accept the motor shaft. you might have to wiggle it back and forth to seat the cover. Plug in wiring harness and try it out, then install it back on truck.

Very simple and easy to fix. It probably will take you less that 1 hour. I will post pictures this week when I do the other side. The side that I repaired deploys up and down twice as the other side now.

Front two nuts and one bolt

Rear two nuts and one bolt

[IMG][/IMG]
unplug wiring

[IMG][/IMG]
off truck

[IMG][/IMG]
lay something soft down so no scratches

[IMG][/IMG]
plastic sheild screws

[IMG][/IMG]
motor cover screws

[IMG][/IMG]
pull off motor cover

[IMG][/IMG]
spin shaft untill it stops, wedge bolt will be accessible

[IMG][/IMG]
remove wedge bolt

[IMG][/IMG]
pop out wedge from back side

[IMG][/IMG]
wedge

[IMG][/IMG]
this is motor shaft, note black square will make mark on wedge

[IMG][/IMG]
note mark on wedge for reintallation

[IMG][/IMG]
spray lubricant on all moving parts

[IMG][/IMG]
step on board and work up and down spraying lubricant in all joints untill moving freely

[IMG][/IMG]
spray lubricant in transmission

[IMG][/IMG]
spray electricial cleaner inside motor cover

[IMG][/IMG]
spray electricial cleaner on shaft

[IMG][/IMG]
inspect that the brushes are still good

[IMG][/IMG]
apply small amount of grease to back bearing in motor cover, use something plastic to apply grease.

[IMG][/IMG]
work bearing so it moves freely

[IMG][/IMG]
insert motor cover, you might have to wiggle it back and forth

[IMG][/IMG]
motor cover screwed in place

[IMG][/IMG]
insert wegde in place

[IMG][/IMG]
flip board over and insert wedge screw and tighten down

[IMG][/IMG]
install plastic sheild screws

[IMG][/IMG]
bring board back over to truck and plug in electric wiring and test board. reinstall all four nuts and two bolts securing board back to truck

[IMG][/IMG]
deployed

[IMG][/IMG]
board retracted, your all done saving 1600.00 bucks
Hello,

You did a great job showing how to fix the problem, I followed the steps with no problems...except one (and it's a biggie). After putting it all back together the board works opposite from how it's supposed to: when the door is open, the board goes up...close the door and it goes down. I tried disassembling it, rotating the motor manually to the opposite position, reassembling etc...but it does the exact same thing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.