View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 11:55 AM
bozo4ford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Tomw,
I do appreciated the help,advice, and especially the links! thx!

You would agree that If the car starts and at least runs, then it's not the relays. I just felt with all the corrosion, it should be replaced. While I work on the more pressing matter of intermittent stalling while driving, I'll just try to temporarily clean them with QED, or some electrical spray,and apply some dielectric grease on the contacts.

More importantly, my intermittent stalling while driving is a big concern. It's hard for me to get under without a lift, I don't trust jack stands, so I guess I'll have to take it in this next week, bite the proverbial bullet and have someone replace the inline fuel filter,and maybe the pressure regulator, while the fuel is DE-pressureized, these have NEVER been replaced. I also (maybe) had five fuel injector services over my 26 year old history, and that was many years ago.

Maybe replacement of the pressure regulator, fuel filter,and something to clean my injectors might make the car run a little smoother. (fingers intently crossed)

I don't know about the IN-LINE RESERVOIR, that was renamed from a Secondary Fuel filter back in 1986-87, I was told, but.....do you know if that also should be replaced? If I could afford a new truck, believe me, I certainly would! thx

I just have to face the fact that I own an antique. I know this truck won't last forever, but from time to time I get a few hiccups along the way, and usually, it's something simple, but the not knowing of what exactly could be wrong without auto or electrical knowledge is frustrating, and expensive!!! I'll check out those links..thx tom and sic!

Sic, I have a Chiltons book from the library, FORD RANGER AND BRONCO II 1983-88, so the 1987 should work.

Uploading photos~ What I do, is scan picture,upload to my Album/Pictures on my profile,then open the picture up after downloaded to edit,then copy/paste the http address,(above the URL) then in your 'GO ADVANCED' message, click on "Insert Image" paste the address into this spot,then it should appear. The image restrictions on some sites are limited to 800x600 pixels. It would be much easier to drag and drop right into your message box, but....IS THERE AN EASIER WAY?

So Tom and Sic, as silly or redundant I made it all sound throughout all my posts pertaining to this problem, you now know what I'm talking about on the different wires from the harness 'FATTY with stripe' wire going into the brown corroded oem relay in the number 2, or middle position, THEN the newer pigtail with it's 'FATTY with stripe', in the bottom position? Maybe these diagrams may help. thanks a bunch!