View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 07:09 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
Dont give up yet your SO SO Close. Almost there Bud

Just take a break or whatever Have a Beer or smoke break a Pepsi break whatever LOL You will get it

Just have to remount the turbo. some thing happened to me to its a PIA but Doable. Same as you I thought I had it close enough and the clamp would pull it the rest the way together and seal it up but thats just not the Case

here is how I do the turbo

Might help to leave the Exhaust manafold to uppipe joint bolts loose to tighten them up very Last

Sit turbo in pedistall (NO MOUNT BOLTS dont even start them) and look at how the ypipe and turbo inlet come together. this joint is most criticle one. The Inner part of the ypipe has a Flange that sticks out and this where it usually hangs up. The Clamp will not suck it together right if NOT Lined up right. So with it sitting there Look at the reveal/gap between the 2 turbo and ypipe Before you put the Marmon clamp on it and see what it takes to make the reveal perfict be it a push or pull whatever takes to make perfict(Mine took a push of Both ypipe and turbo towards the firewall to make that perfict reveal). Then take the Marmon Clamp and smear antiseize on the clamp flanges alittle slip-n-slide here goes along ways. Then install the clamp around the joint and before you snug it up push or pull whatever you did in the first step to make the gap/reveal equall between the turbo and ypipe do same thing and tighten it up. I used an Air ratchet and pushed with other Hand and worked GREAT.

Then you can install the turbo mount bolts and the rest of it. When I had ypipe good the turbo mount bolts were a PIA to get in so I had to pry the turbo some to start the Bolts. Just dont want to loosen the ypipe joint once you get it.

You can do it no question you made it this far

Once you get the turbo mounting figured out it wont be an issue ever again

Im shure there are other ways to do it this is just what works great for me