Conversation Between Patrick Omally and Eddiec1564
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Patrick Omally
    08-03-2014 08:57 PM - permalink
    I use facebook account, thats probably why no PM. I have a friend trying to do carter yfa to fuel injected swap, on a 300 inline 6. I am sad about how you lost MPG and low end power. I will see if he has a website or more info. Thanks for the information, is there any tips or anything on how not to ruin things working on trucks? I get my hands dirty enough, but I am afraid of ruining things in the process LOL
  2. Eddiec1564
    07-31-2014 08:22 PM - permalink
    As for the engine/mounts, in that old thread. I wound up using the 92 F150 engine and frame mounts into my 89 F250. My friend finaly got another tranny and had it rebuilt. His truck still ran badly(tranny issues) and he gave up on it. I bought it from him and after the 302 ate the cam gear I had to swap engines. Needless to say I got shafted with a munged up rebuilt 300 engine, my friend had the engine rebuilder install a "hotrod cam" and now I have nothing but engine ping under load, I can't go over 55MPH with out pinging it to death depending on gas quality! And that's even with ignition timing set at 4deg BTDC insted of factory 10deg BTDC. I am babying it along(over a year now) till I get the 84 F250 back running or my 85 Caravelle running.
  3. Eddiec1564
    07-31-2014 08:09 PM - permalink
    For some reason I can't send a PM to you. So here goes...

My 84 had the cranky 1BB feedback EECIV system, it started failing and parts even back in the mid 90's were hard to get and expensive too. I used a 87 truck as parts donor and swapped the manifolds, head,fuel tank(another learning curve about the fuel sending units not compatable with older trucks) and customized the EFI wire harness into the 84 truck.

Power was little better in the top end but I LOST the off idle bottom end I used while off roading/mudding and towing.
    Fuel economy went down from 16 to 18MPG avg to a flat 13 MPG!!! That pissed me off and I could not get it any better.
    Few years ago in a junk yard I scored the Oppy Dp intake manifold and decided to dump the EFI system which did me Ok execpt for the above issues.
  4. Patrick Omally
    07-30-2014 04:32 PM - permalink
    i am extremely interested in how this went
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...een-years.html

how did the swap go? tell us more please i am very very intersted because i know someone trying to convert a ford 300 to efi