Conversation Between WE3ZS and RTrud
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. RTrud
    08-03-2016 12:42 PM - permalink
    Thanks for the pointers.... As soon as I can buy a house with a garage - I'm upgrading the springs on all corners.
  2. WE3ZS
    08-02-2016 10:31 AM - permalink
    For the best repeatable and comparable suspension measurements, use the center of the hub to wheel well lip method. That way the variations in tire sizes, air pressure and uneven ground are eliminated. This thread https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...easurents.html has lots of good info these measurements with a few folks adding their stock ride heights for comparison. I run the rancho RS9000XLs on my Ex and I'm happy with them, but my modded X/B code springs provide a pretty firm ride.
  3. RTrud
    08-02-2016 07:54 AM - permalink
    Thanks... For now - I'm going to leave it... The front controls work fine. I'm still trying to figure out if the leak is enough to warrant replacing some components. So far - it hasn't left me frying in the summer heat. Gets cool enough to keep me from sweating.

Another question - I've look for this on the forum but have had to look through a lot of posts and different answers. My X is riding really rough... pretty bumpy. I put on some Airbags front and back because I don't have a garage yet and can't replace the old worn out springs. I'm wondering if the new shock I put on are just not up to task - they were relatively cheap. I just bought a set of Rancho 9000xls for the rear that I have yet to put on to see if it makes difference. The question is about ride height. Do you know the stock ride height for a 2000 X 4x4? And is the measurement from the middle of the hub to the fender or the road to the fender? I've seen both mentioned on this forum.

Thanks!
  4. WE3ZS
    07-05-2016 07:32 AM - permalink
    Well, I guess the rear HVAC control are only needed if you or your back seat passengers want to use them. I'm not too familiar with all the details of how they work together or how it would work without the overhead set of controls, might be a good question to ask on the forum, I'm sure someone there as more insight on those controls than I do.
  5. RTrud
    07-05-2016 07:20 AM - permalink
    WE3ZS - quick question: Are the AC/Heater controls in the rear really necessary? Trying to figure out how they are set up as far as control. I can control the rear with the rear controls in the front overhead console. Is this console just a limiter for the one in the back? Just trying to figure out if it's by design or there is something wrong with the switches. I thought initially it was a bad resistor since the speed of the blower was only either low or high...nothing in between. But then I realized the rear controls in the back seat were set to high. Once I set that to Off, the front controls on the overhead console control the blower speed as designed. Seems weird to me... I could understand maybe creating a "max setting". But if I can control everything up front, then the 2nd control console is unnecessary... May as well put something else up there.