Conversation Between Mark Kovalsky and Mike Cooley
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Mark Kovalsky
    07-06-2016 09:01 PM - permalink
    Now I see.

The pressure control solenoid is one of several that does connect through the connector on the passenger's side of the trans. There is the pressure control solenoid, the lockup solenoid, two shift solenoids, the coast clutch solenoid, and the temperature sensor all connect through that connector. It isn't just the pressure control solenoid.
  2. Mark Kovalsky
    07-06-2016 08:59 PM - permalink
    A pressure control solenoid is not a sensor. It would help if I knew what truck and transmission we're talking about.
  3. Mike Cooley
    07-06-2016 04:53 PM - permalink
    Pressure control solenoid. Isn't that the sensor the connector on the passengers side connects to?
  4. Mark Kovalsky
    07-06-2016 12:36 PM - permalink
    What's a PCS connector?

I recommend doing some diagnostics. You need to electrically check the wiring from the PCM to the trans, and if that's fine, check the resistance in the solenoid.

Mark
  5. Mike Cooley
    07-06-2016 01:34 AM - permalink
    Hey Mark, I need your 4R100 expertise. I've got a 2001 7.3 and I'm getting the P1747 code and the OD flashing light. I can clear the code and everything is fine until I get into it and run the rpm's up near redline and it trips the code again. Also seems to do it more frequently cold (first start, not ambient). I can't seem to get my hands to the PCS connector to check it and I'm doubting its chaffing since the problem consistently happens. I don't want to bite the bullet on a new pack if that's not it. Any thoughts?