Conversation Between Mark Kovalsky and bj3hedrick
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Mark Kovalsky
    08-12-2015 06:35 AM - permalink
    I can't imagine any way it could be the torque converter or the torque converter solenoid. When the trans is in neutral or park it doesn't matter if the converter is locked or unlocked, there are no clutches engaged in the trans so it can't move at all.

You have a clutch engaged when it shouldn't be engaged. Most likely the forward, but it could be a different one. There is a possibility it is the solenoid for the clutch that is stuck on, but usually it happens from a failed clutch that has welded itself together.

I suspect this trans needs to come out and be torn down to find out what's wrong.
  2. bj3hedrick
    08-12-2015 01:34 AM - permalink
    I am having a problem, hoping you would be able to help me out. 05/6.0/4x4 Having a transmission problem. Started having a 1-2 second stall into gear and clunking. Relearned it and it quit. Drove few more days and started shifting through gears faster than normal and excessively early tc lockup. Then went to leave early one morning and it just wouldn't go into gear it seemed. let it sit, shifted through gears with no luck, then it slowly fell in gear. Finally engaged and took off. no slipping, just earlier shifting and tc lockup. Parked it, checked fluid level. Let it cool and went to try again later. No matter what gear it is in, it tries to move forward. Even in park, enough to bog motor down. Will not even rev up. Truck will not roll backwards down hill in neutral unless engine is shutoff. The best answers I have found are tcc solenoid or torque convertor itself. No codes, Im hoping you can help me before I start spending unnecessary money.