Conversation Between Mark Kovalsky and vadgru
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Mark Kovalsky
    06-05-2014 08:20 PM - permalink
    To replace the clutch seals take the transmission out of the truck. Remove the torque converter, the pump, and the clutch assemblies. Then replace all the clutches and seals and put it all back together. It's also known as a rebuild.
  2. vadgru
    06-05-2014 08:10 PM - permalink
    Only put 15k on it since last owner said he replaced the transmission..... but it was probably a high mileage junkyarder he never said... I know i have enough fluid.. my transmission temp never seen about 150 degrees.. Ive pulled 8k trailer with it even now with no problems. 70 percent of the time gear engages just fine. Other times Id have to give it a few seconds or slightly raise rpms just a hair to feel it go into gear and then it rides all day no problem in gear till next time I take it out of D.If you want you can email me vadgru@hotmail.com or call 360 909 5152. Thank you
  3. vadgru
    06-05-2014 08:10 PM - permalink
    Hey reading some forums about 4r100 being slow to engage into drive or when someone needs to rev slightly to get it engaged & after that all drives fine once engaged. So the 2 possible fixs or repairs one can do as far as I understood was to tighten bolts in valvebody that could cause pressure to leak & you mentioned clutch seals. I know how to get to the bolts to tighten and do a flush on transmission with filter while im at it but I cant seem to find any information on clutch seal you mentioned and how Id go about replacing it.. also if theres anything else i should do to trouble shoot the problem.