Conversation Between Mark Kovalsky and corteroy
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. corteroy
    02-07-2016 05:06 PM - permalink
    Thanks again
  2. Mark Kovalsky
    02-07-2016 05:02 PM - permalink
    I don't know of a write up to install an external filter. It isn't very hard to do.

A deep pan makes the bottom of the truck look nice. I don't know of any other reason to have one. It won't cool the trans.
  3. corteroy
    02-07-2016 01:14 PM - permalink
    1. I would like to know if there is a thread or MOD on the forums that your aware of to install an external filter for my 4R100, based on a thread from you I found saying this.

"The 4R100 is a different animal. There is no good internal filter available for the 4R100. An external filter is a good addition for this transmission."

2.I have a spare 4R100 deep trans pan. I like that it has a drain plug, my shallow pan does not. Is there a benefit to the trans and filter running the deeper set up.

If you could point me in the right direction, I thank You in advance.
  4. corteroy
    02-07-2016 01:09 PM - permalink
    Mark disregard my previous questions. I feel like a total Bag. I couldn't lose any more time having my truck in the shop not getting repaired. I took it home and told the mechanic I would bring it back that I had to unload tools from it. To make a long story bearable, The truck went in the shop 110 days ago for a shift solenoid circuit A code. After buying 2 PCMs and rebuilding the trans, and new convertor. I dropped the pan and found a 1994 to 1998 Non PWM solenoid installed on my original PWM solenoid base. I put the correct part in and all is fine. Thank you for the time you did give me, and sorry again.
  5. corteroy
    02-03-2016 03:18 PM - permalink
    Thank you for that confirmation, it helps but it also hurts. Yesterday A friend luckily that owns the exact year make and model with the same exact PCM from the factory, loaned me the PCM. We ran my truck with it. It ran the truck perfectly and did not set any codes at idle or on drive test. That PCM like all similar aftermarket PCMs, we have tried does not read TSS. You can unplug the sensor and drive the truck all day without a code, as to confirm what the ford software is already telling us. We are stumped. We have installed a 2000 F 250 PCM that does read the TSS, but will not read the OSS for obvious reasons. And I don't know what question to ask.
  6. Mark Kovalsky
    02-01-2016 04:35 PM - permalink
    That PCm would read the turbine speed sensor.
  7. corteroy
    02-01-2016 03:15 PM - permalink
    Thx for reply to my previous question. Do you have any knowledge of whether the PCMs for the E series 7.3, 4 R100 trans, in 2000, were designed to run without reading the turbine shaft sensor.
  8. Mark Kovalsky
    01-30-2016 11:04 AM - permalink
    No, sorry, I don't know.
  9. corteroy
    01-30-2016 11:02 AM - permalink
    Do you know what PCM today that I need to run that truck.
  10. Mark Kovalsky
    01-30-2016 06:48 AM - permalink
    I'm sure you have a question somewhere. I just don't know what it is.