Conversation Between Mark Kovalsky and hdel
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. hdel
    01-08-2015 05:45 AM - permalink
    Hey Mark thanks for responding. Sorry I meant transmission range sensor. I replaced the rear speed sensor and throttle position sensor because it threw a P2106 code. I found out that, that code was thrown because of the vehicle's mph gauge spiking. I forgot to mention that the mph gauge shoots up to around 80-90 mph when the truck neutrals out. I thought that the sensors had something to do with the problem. And as far as the code reader, the one that was used is the same a repair shop would use. The ones where you insert keys into reader depending on the vehicle.
  2. Mark Kovalsky
    01-07-2015 07:41 PM - permalink
    You're right, you are lost. Why did you replace the rear speed sensor and throttle position sensor? How would they be related to this problem? What codes led you to this conclusion?

Why would you remove the nut on the shift lever to replace the TSS? The TSS is nowhere near there. And the TSS has nothing to do with this problem, either. Maybe you meant the MLPS, also called the TRS. That does require removing the nut, but you just seem to be replacing anything you can think of.

I think you need to find someone that can scan for codes. The person that did it for you apparantly doesn't have the right scan tool/ With all those symptoms, assuming you have disconnected the battery, it should have a lot of codes. I have no idea what "Electric Clutch Relay Circuit not responding " means. I think that is just a bad description. Descriptions mean nothing to me, I need the code number.
  3. hdel
    01-07-2015 07:01 PM - permalink
    Hi Mark, I hope I'm not out of line contacting you directly. The problem started about 3 weeks ago when my son was at a red light and the truck (04 Explorer 4.0, 4x4, auto, 130,000 mi.) would not accelerate when the light changed. I replaced the rear speed sensor, and throttle position sensor. Following day he was on his way to work and the vehicle neutraled out going about 40 mph. Only way to get vehicle to move was in 4L. Unbolted shift motor, left electrical connection together. Drove truck for 45 mins with no issues, shut down and restarted. Big mistake... the truck would not engage in any gear but 3rd. Changed tranny fluid and filter. Also tried to replace TSS but was unable to remove nut that holds manual shift lever. Spent 5 hours on that nut....will not budge. Reconnected shift cable and shift motor. Truck will not engage in any gear including 4H and 4L. Buddy of mine scanned truck. Scanner read "Electric Clutch Relay Circuit not responding ". I'm LOST.. Can you pls help? hdel