Conversation Between Shaneb75 and Mikey518
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Shaneb75
    05-03-2015 08:11 AM - permalink
    You are welcome sir. BTW, load up some pictures of your truck, I am interested to see what goodies the dealership threw on it for that package!

When do you plan to start digging in to your truck? I will put a list of things together that should help things go smoother for you....
  2. Mikey518
    05-02-2015 10:55 PM - permalink
    Thank you Shane. I will replace all the things u mentioned. I'm sure I will have some questions later. Thanks for the help!!
  3. Shaneb75
    05-02-2015 10:32 PM - permalink
    Cool, both of mine were/are 06's. There are a handful of things you should consider knocking out while you are that deep in the motor. They are STC fitting, standpipes, dummy plugs, turbo feed tube (if you have the braded line) and turbo drain. The are all ford upgrades. At at point you will have addressed 90% of the weak points with the 6.0.
    Good luck and give me a shout if you have any questions.
  4. Mikey518
    05-02-2015 10:19 PM - permalink
    I got a 2006. It was a Toby Kieth demo truck so it came loaded from Reynolds Ford in OKC And I got a really good deal on it. It's been paid off for a couple years and I hope to keep things that way. I've been lucky it's gone this long without any major work. I bought a scanguge II the other day and saw my EOT/ ECT where 20-25 degrees apart warmed up at hiway speeds. No sign of gasket failure yet but I know with my delta that high I better get that clogged oil cooler out of there.
  5. Shaneb75
    05-02-2015 09:41 PM - permalink
    I live in Owasso. Good to meet you Mike. If you aren't strapped for time you will enjoy the experience. This is my second 6.0, my F-n-L owns my first. I've done that job on 2 different trucks and got to rebuild one with my brother. Tons of fun if you like to wrench. I think I still have pics in my album, feel free too take a look...

What year is your truck?
  6. Mikey518
    05-02-2015 09:27 PM - permalink
    Hey Shane. I'm getting ready to put in new oil cooler & EGR cooler. I've got 138000 on mine and I haven't done anything to it exept blue spring and FICM repair. It's still completely stock. I'm not really sure what I'm doing but after reading though some of these forums I thought if these other guys can do it then I should be able to do it too. If I don't get too stressed out it might even be kind of fun to do. I got tools and a shop in back to do it in, so I thought why not give it a shot. I love my truck and I damn sure don't want another truck payment. What town do you live in? Great to see someone else from Oklahoma in here.