1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Anyone hear about the exhaust fluid on the new trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Lloydable
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Visseroth
I'll tell you why, Greed, a bunch of greedy B@$!@^#$ up there in congress that can only see as far as their pocket books and in the here and now, they can't see the big picture, the picture of things to come.

Anyhow, sorry, had to rant, so I digress and agree that it is nice to be seeing more HP and TQ coming out of the factory, I just don't like what it's going to take to keep those trucks running 5 to 15 years down the road when things start breaking down.
I am curious to see what they are going to do about older trucks. I have to get emission tested once a year here in CO... Just imagine if they force us to partake in new standards, where the options are buy a new truck or put a few grand into ours to make them legal and not work properly... In which case comes the solution for so many problems in out current society... Arm up, be illegal within reason, and if anyone says anything about it, they better be willing to stand behind what they say. Its about time the government start backing off the individual and state before things get any more... heated... Sorry for my rant too

Old 10-07-2010, 06:35 PM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Received 457 Likes on 310 Posts
There is currently no plan or discussion focusing on enforcing new standards on older vehicles.

Steve

Old 10-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Visseroth
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea, I don't see what the point would be to enforce higher standards on older rigs other then to try and squeeze more money out of the economy and forcing people to upgrade to newer rigs.

I know you guys as well as myself will do what it takes to pass the test but after that I'll run my truck just as I please. Granted I like better mpg and more hp but with better mpg and hp in combination comes more efficiency and our trucks can only get so efficient.

Maybe they shouldn't have killed the electric car if they want better EPA standards.
Bet you guys didn't know that we had electric cars in 96 that were on the road on California but the oil companies and government put a ca-bosh on them. California wanted to mandate them.

Check out the documentary called "Who Kill the Electric Car"

Old 10-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
I wonder where the Urea fill tube is on a volcano. Ever see how much soot those suckers belch out?? Makes every 7.3 on the planet less than a drop in the bucket. Even mine....

Old 10-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Visseroth
Posting Guru
Hahaha! Yea no kidding huh?

Maybe I can mod my truck to drop ash instead of black smoke!

Also, doesn't ash contribute to the growing of the forest?

I heard after MT Saint Helens blew that the following years were the best years.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Lloydable
Tuned
yea, thats one thing about human kind, we think we are all powerful. granted we do not help the situation, but I think it is arrogant to presume that we are responsible for climate change when the earth has been here for as long as it has, and already gone through several ice ages and warming spells.

On your ash point look at the forest fires (especially in Colorado, because thats where I know), but there is a beatle that kills the pine trees. so a good portion of the state is a tinder box, why??? So that it can go up in flames, clear the forrest out, and refrrtilize the ground naturally. this allows the forrest to come back naturally stronger and more plentiful for all them critters out there. Yet, what do we do, stop the fires because it threates our property, take big logging equipment in and cut out all the dead forrest, and move it away. to my knowledge we do not put a fertilizer down equivalent to ash to allow it to re-grow.

It is definitely in our best interest to be aware of the environment and take care of it, but there is a simple fact, our very existence damages the environment, and that will always be the case no matter what, and when the earth gets tired of us destroying the environment, it will destroy us.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Visseroth
Posting Guru
Here Here!!

Granted we don't need to contribute to further pollution by putting oil in the gutters and what not. We should reuse as much as we can and respect things around us as much as possible but there is only so much one can do, the rest should be left up to nature. Let nature take it's course!

Nice, well anyhow, I've learned a good amount in this thread and I may still one day, if I get enough money together buy my wife a brand new E350 SD 10 passenger van so she can have a nice van with a nice wheel chair lift for our daughter.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Jessef250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The tanks are 7 gallons. Depending on driving habits and idling time you can go 5000 miles on one tank. It cost jus bout $10 a gallon. At 300 miles till empty, it goes into a reduced power mode and you can't run without the def because when empty the truck will not run, until filled. So far they are good motors!

Old 10-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Visseroth
Posting Guru
Yea, still a crock though. Can you imagine going to the pump and putting in $290 worth of fluid into your truck every 5K, OUTCH!

Old 10-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Jessef250
Senior User
$290?... It's only 7 gallon tank @ $10 a gallon... And I've seen it last close to 10k here at the dealership.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:09 AM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Received 457 Likes on 310 Posts
Originally Posted by Jessef250
$290?... It's only 7 gallon tank @ $10 a gallon... And I've seen it last close to 10k here at the dealership.
I was in a meeting with Cummins engineering last week and the price for DEF, once the distribution network is fully in place is projected to be comparable to a gallon of diesel.

Steve

Old 10-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Jessef250
Senior User
Originally Posted by RV_Tech
I was in a meeting with Cummins engineering last week and the price for DEF, once the distribution network is fully in place is projected to be comparable to a gallon of diesel.

Steve
Well thats great to hear!..

Old 10-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Visseroth
Posting Guru
Well I was thinking that at our current prices, and if filled up at a gas station for 10 a gallon on the urea then that would be 70 for the urea and about 120 for fuel, so I guess I ment to say 190