6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

CAC tube boots

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 10:36 PM
jetact
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Metal tube is just nicer. Alot of people have issues with the plastic, but if it isn't giving you issues then I wouldn't worry about it. I didn't realize you have the plastic tube, but let if you want me to refund you for those unused ones. Sorry man.[/quote]

Thanks but I am good. Might be interested in the metal tube. What happens to the plastic ones? Do they crack? Great shipping and happy to have then. Truck runs great and the exhaust you sold me is SWEET!!!!!! It sounds so good.

Riff Raff also has some International Grill Emblems that are really nice and look great. Love mine.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:57 AM
loubell
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Wonder where we can buy those hoses by the feet... for what they are selling by the piece.
There are a total of 4 boots, if you have the metal cold side CAC tube. The one at the turbo is a 40*ish angle, so you could not buy it by the foot. The the boots for the intake and exit of the intercooler are different sizes on the ends of each boot, because the intercooler and CAC tube are a little bit different in size. So no buying by the foot for these two either. The boot that is at the intake elbow is straight 3.5" OD x 4" long (IIRC). This one you could buy by the foot, but not much cost savings there, as it is only one little piece out of the 4.

I have the Deisel Site boots for about 2 years now with no leaks, slippage or seeping. I have read good things about the Riffraff units (I don't think they were around when I bought mine), so buy a set and give us all an evaluation.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Parts Guy Wyatt
Former Vendor
I got Riffraffs hoses on my 7.3L......

Old 10-02-2010, 11:34 PM
jims406rs
Junior User
Boots and Metal tube should be on the way. Thanks Clay! Ill post what I think when I get them...

Old 10-03-2010, 06:27 AM
moebdick
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clay, do you sell the individual boots? I already replaced the 40° one at the turbo because it was coming off. Just need the one at the other end near radiator since I have the plastic cold side tube. I tried looking for them on the site but didnt see them. Thanks.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Yes, we have them all as a kit or seperate. I apologize that the 6.0L sections is lacking alot right now. Send me an e-mail or call me and we can get you set up. You can also look in the 7.3L section and buy the 3.25" reducer which is what you need for your hot side lower boot. Thanks

Old 10-03-2010, 10:18 AM
gearloose1
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance
Yes, we have them all as a kit or seperate. I apologize that the 6.0L sections is lacking alot right now. Send me an e-mail or call me and we can get you set up. You can also look in the 7.3L section and buy the 3.25" reducer which is what you need for your hot side lower boot. Thanks
Sorry to hijack the thread...

There is a dire need for a reputable supplier like yourself to carry a limited selection of first rate alternators for the diesel crowd.

Please consider it.

If you are going to do it, sell it packaged with a pigtail replacement kit.

PM me if you want more ideas.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:03 PM
patrickke
Posting Guru
it would be nice if you would carry ohio generator stuff clay

Old 10-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by gearloose1
Sorry to hijack the thread...

There is a dire need for a reputable supplier like yourself to carry a limited selection of first rate alternators for the diesel crowd.

Please consider it.

If you are going to do it, sell it packaged with a pigtail replacement kit.

PM me if you want more ideas.
PM info on what you are looking for.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:52 AM
hubler13f
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought a set from dieselsite and had a little bit of a fitment issue with the upper hose that connects to the turbo. The hose seemed to be a couple inches to long and the angle was off. It held the tube up so high that it touched the hood. They are made of thick very good quality material but there was a little bit of a fitment issue. Hope this makes your decision easier.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:18 AM
denhammkc
New User
Metal tube or not ?

I am planning on getting the CAC boots from Riff Raff, I wanted to know if anyone has gotten the metal cold side tube to replace the plastic one on the driver's side? I know there was a change of the intake with the 2005s but I am not sure when the plastic tube started.
If you have the metal tube do you have any pics and I have an Airaid airfilter and was wondering if there were any fitment issues with it.
Thanks

Old 01-24-2012, 02:09 PM
hubler13f
Elder User
I know this is an old thread but I had posted on here that I had bought Dieselsite Boots and I wanted to update it along with state a few more issues I have with their boots.
As I mentioned earlier they were a tad bit long and the angle seemed off on the upper hot side boot. Well now the boot has frayed and I have blown a 3/4" hole through the upper hot side boot. The hole blew through on my way back from indiana but I made it home. I have had them on for a little over a year. The area where the hole occured was not a rub area, and was far from anything that could have puntured it.
So Riff Raff will be getting an order in about 5 minutes for my replacements. What are the reviews on their boots?

Last edited by hubler13f; 01-24-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 01-24-2012, 02:36 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Originally Posted by hubler13f
I know this is an old thread but I had posted on here that I had bought Dieselsite Boots and I wanted to update it along with state a few more issues I have with their boots.
As I mentioned earlier they were a tad bit long and the angle seemed off on the upper hot side boot. Well now the boot has frayed and I have blown a 3/4" hole through the upper hot side boot. The hole blew through on my way back from indiana but I made it home. I have had them on for a little over a year. The area where the hole occured was not a rub area, and was far from anything that could have puntured it.
So Riff Raff will be getting an order in about 5 minutes for my replacements. What are the reviews on their boots?
We use Clay's boots down in the 7.3 forum. Here is the 6.0 boots. Riffraff Diesel Performance Parts: - Intercooler Boots

Old 01-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Kert0307
Senior User
Originally Posted by denhammkc
I am planning on getting the CAC boots from Riff Raff, I wanted to know if anyone has gotten the metal cold side tube to replace the plastic one on the driver's side? I know there was a change of the intake with the 2005s but I am not sure when the plastic tube started.
If you have the metal tube do you have any pics and I have an Airaid airfilter and was wondering if there were any fitment issues with it.
Thanks
I know this is an old post, but I figured I would answer.

I replaced my plastic cold side with a stock metal one from a junked 03 truck and it fit great with the stock air box. I had a catastrophic failure of the plastic tube at one of the flex joints. Incase you are wondering, you can wrap it with duct tape for a temp fix... lol

Old 01-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by hubler13f
If you have an issue in only a year I would want to know so we could look into it. Our boots are 100% made in America and we are proud to offer them.

Quick Reply: CAC tube boots