Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Nevada Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Postmaster

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
Ford Country Parts

This is a bit of a rant, so if you're not in the mood, hit your back button now.

I needed a set of fuel filters for my Excursion so I stopped at Ford Country in HD to pick them up. I had some problems with the service dept there in the past, but would still get parts there as they are the closest dealer to me.

The parts guy goes and gets a set of FD-4616 and tells me they're $99.85 + tax. That's right, a hundred bucks for a set of fuel filters. I tell him that can't be right and he says list is $136.47. I'm in a hurry and don't have any time to waste there, so I give him the $108 and take off.

On my way home I call another local dealer that is owned by the same family and get a price for the same filters. $58.35. Obviously that's over $40 difference. I call Ford Country parts guy back and let him know how I feel about the situation, and he acts surprised.

Of course I could have called before hand, but I don't have time during the day to run all over town. I was lucky to have a minute to get what I got.

So, basically, call around if you need parts in Vegas. I can understand price discrepancies between dealers, but over 60% difference. That's ridiculous. In this case they weren't even remotely competitive, and will never see another dollar from me.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Holy moley
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 09-27-2010, 11:44 PM
Postmaster

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBricks View Post
Holy moley
Yeah, no chit.

I thought about posting in the 6.0 section so maybe some of the guys could call them tomorrow for a "price check" on fuel filters for a 6.0.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Elder User

davidkstyler has a good reputation on FTE.davidkstyler has a good reputation on FTE.
I think I would have taken them back. I have had good luck with the Ford dealer on east Sahara. Don't recall their name, Gaudin? On the internet they operate under the name SilverStateFordParts.com

PS I looked up my fuel filters on FordParts.com and came up with FD4604 for $99.98 list.

Buy 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Parts | FordParts.com

Part Number Part Description Price
9155 (FD-4604) Fuel Filter 6.0L OHV Diesel V8 ; Kit Includes 2 Fuel Filters; Frame Rail And Engine Mounted Elements $99.98

...and here is PartsGuyEd in WA

fuel filter, f250 pick-up, 6.0l diesel, element - 1999-07 super duty - 1999-07 SUPER DUTY 03-07
$99.98 $53.99
Maintenance & lubrication - Engine service - Filters - Fuel filter
2005 F250 6.0 PSD XL 2WD LB, Fumoto valve, HFCM Drain Mod, Edge Insight, Edge Exhaust Pyrometer, GlowShift Fuel Pressure Gauge, Blue Spring, BulletProof EGR, Cat ELC, Homemade Coolant Filter, Ravelco, Red Head Steering Gear, MOOG Ball Joints, Bestop Bumper Step, Amp Research Bed XTender, Roll-N-Lock Tonneau Cover, 140 Amp O'Reilly Alternator

Last edited by davidkstyler; 01-07-2011 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-15-2010, 10:19 AM