General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Makes Me Sick!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 03:31 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Makes Me Sick!!!

so watching one of those *one sided* anti-gun ownership shows on the news just about drove me to unplug the t.v.

they compaired the murder numbers between canada and the united states. i cant remember what year it was.

these anti-gun shows manipulate the murder count, and the sad thing is, the average person watching t.v. at their kitchen table doesnt realize this. they just believe its true because its on t.v.

canada murder for a certian year - 68 gun related murders

U.S.'s number for the SAME year- over 11,000

when they post the US "gun murders" they throw in - accidental shootings, hunting accidents- even people who dont die- that just get shot.

ive never known anyone who has been murdered with a gun. even if i did i wouldnt cry for legal citizens to have their rights taken away because of the bad guys crimes.

in Minnesota last week- a 20 year old gas station clerk was shot after a robbery-

the gunman- was released from jail after serving 1 and a half years of a 4 year sentence. if he served his full sentence the kid would still be alive. what a country we have created. a haven for criminals and a nightmare for honest citizens

Old 02-21-2003, 03:41 PM
winfordr
Posting Guru
Makes Me Sick!!!

I just received this from a friend today:

I pulled this signature for you from someone’s email, thought you would like it, including the URL.
- -------------- -------------- -------------- -------------- --------------
An article in the Seattle Washington Post-Intelligencer dealt with accidental deaths caused by physicians (based on research by Laura Key)

Number of physicians in the US - 700,000

Accidental deaths caused /year - 120,000

Accidental deaths/physician = 0.171

based on readily available statistics found on the internet:

Number of gun owners in the US = 80,000,000

Number of accidental gun deaths/year (all age groups) = 1,500

Accidental deaths/gun owner = 0.0000188

THEREFORE,

one may derive the following:

That Doctors are approximately 9000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

http://www.wagoneers.com/pages/Histo...en-record.html

-

Old 02-21-2003, 03:46 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
Makes Me Sick!!!

to add to that "doctors are more dangerous than gun owners" reply-

im sure everyone knows about the 17 year old girl who recieved the wrong organs during a transplant. her parents migrated here so she could get the operation done.

im sure plenty of people born on American soil are waiting for this same operation. excuse me for not being P.C. but this country has been catering to the needs of other countries for so long our own citizens dont even seem to matter anymore.

Old 02-21-2003, 03:47 PM
Waxy
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Makes Me Sick!!!

Just a couple quick points to back you up.

Originally posted by BuiltToughF250

canada murder for a certian year - 68 gun related murders

U.S.'s number for the SAME year- over 11,000
I don't know what the current population figures are for the US and Canada, but if you worked those numbers out on a per capita basis it might level the playing field a little.

in Minnesota last week- a 20 year old gas station clerk was shot after a robbery-

the gunman- was released from jail after serving 1 and a half years of a 4 year sentence. if he served his full sentence the kid would still be alive. what a country we have created. a haven for criminals and a nightmare for honest citizens
This kinda thing absolutely makes me sick to stomach as well. Why don't we hear calls for stiffer GUN RELATED PENALTIES, and mandatory sentences. The legal system is a mess right now with regards to sentencing and the corrections system.

Waxy

Old 02-21-2003, 03:55 PM
Waxy
Postmaster
Makes Me Sick!!!

to add to that "doctors are more dangerous than gun owners" reply-

im sure everyone knows about the 17 year old girl who recieved the wrong organs during a transplant. her parents migrated here so she could get the operation done.

im sure plenty of people born on American soil are waiting for this same operation. excuse me for not being P.C. but this country has been catering to the needs of other countries for so long our own citizens dont even seem to matter anymore.
I don't want to get on a soap box here, because I agree with your basic premise (to heck with P.C.), but it has to do with the way health care is structured in the US.

In Canada, everyone has equal access, period, (in other words, we all get to wait for the same ridiculously long time ) This has acutally caused quite a few Canadians to cross the border and get a procedure done, because IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY, you can get it done RFN. You can even bump Americans down the waiting list if you've got the greenbacks.

Unfortunately, in the US health care system, MONEY TALKS, not citizenship.

Waxy

Old 02-21-2003, 04:10 PM
jeremyd72
Senior User
Makes Me Sick!!!

Amen to that. Its funny, about a month ago Hillary Clinton was bashing Bush about the lax security of USA's borders, but she along with her leftwing buddys want to pass a bill to protect illegal aliens that come in the USA. She must of had a mental lapse or something. Surely she wouldn't go back on her word. If their trying to pass a bill like that, it is obvisious that we don't mean dck anymore. Maybe we should leave Iraqi alone and he can wipeout D.C. and we can start over with less crooked crooks.

As for the anti-gun ****, I hope they know enough about guns to realize what 45 hollowpoints will do to their heads if they try to take it from me.

Jeremy

Old 02-21-2003, 04:16 PM
CO4x4SD
Senior User
Makes Me Sick!!!

I know everyone has heard it before but...

Why aren't the current gun laws enforced? The anti-gun crowd keep pushing for more laws that won't be enforced. The only people that would abide by those laws are the ones you want to keep their guns.

There is a serious problem with folks thinking Joe Thug is going to magically not have a gun because 20 new laws are passed. Hasn't worked on his crack problem, pimping problem, and gun problem yet. Joe Thug will break every law written, and laugh as you get shot since you follow the law and don't pack heat.

An oldie but the gospel truth:

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

As far as the Mexican girl getting the transplant, I say we are all human beings, have some compassion. That is what is so cool about Americans so far, we go out of our way to help anyone and everyone. Some spit back in our faces, others are genuinely gratefull. When the day is done, the helpfull Americans can still hold their heads high. Just be glad you live among people who are careing enough to allow this little girl a chance.

Note: Not sure on how many actually know the story behind this little girls transplant. A custom home builder has organized a non profit in her name. They accept donations of time by builders, and supplies from contracting suppliers. They build the houses, then sell them with 100% of the proceeds going to the foundation. They plan to keep doing this for more kids all over the place. Props to them and all that donate.

Last edited by CO4x4SD; 02-21-2003 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-21-2003, 07:09 PM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

Makes Me Sick!!!

AMERICANS: If you love your family, your country, the constitution, and your freedom...

Never surrender your firearms!

This was taken off of the business card I have of a liscensed firearms dealer.

Old 02-22-2003, 03:11 AM
DailyDriver
Elder User
Makes Me Sick!!!

There is a anti crime campaign going on here in good ole California about the use of a gun in a crime. Perhaps other states have the same thing, I don't know. It's called 10, 20, Life. It goes something like this. "Pull a gun in the comission of a crime and go to jail for 10 years. Shoot the gun and go to jail for 20 years. Shoot somebody and it's a life sentence. It's the law". Bull!

Just in the past month I've read two seperate cases in our local paper how the gun charges were droped because of a plea bargin. In one case someone was actually shot but lived. Gun charges and attempted murder droped, plea bargined down to assualt. Unbelievable! The other case was a convicted felon in posession of a firearm! I thought that alone was a manditory sentence. At least that's what they tell us. But no. Gun charges droped in a plea bargin.

I agree with the above post. If they're not going to enforce the laws already on the books, then what's the point of having the laws in the first place? Useless! How is law enforcement supposed to take a bite out of crime with laws that have no teeth? Time to fire off a few letters.

Old 02-22-2003, 03:31 AM
GatorFishing
Senior User
Makes Me Sick!!!

These anti gun shows NEVER show how many crimes are actually prevented from some one owning a gun.We have a town here in Georgia that passed a law a few years ago stateing every home owner will own a gun. They did it primarily to show some of those towns with anti gun ownership laws how dumb thier laws were. But after awhile they noticed thier serious crime rate went down.The police chief was interviewed on national Tv and asked if gun owner ship was reason for decline in crime. He said he wasn't sure but if you were breaking into a house would you if you thought the owner may be home and armed. I have a permit to carry and if they ever outlaw permits I'll be a outlaw cause guns are like American Express cards. Never leave home without it.

Old 02-22-2003, 06:07 AM
1997RangerXLT
Posting Guru
Makes Me Sick!!!

Here is a 'Give war a chance' link that will blow your mind.

http://www.toostupidtobepresident.co...warachance.htm

Old 02-22-2003, 07:28 AM
DailyDriver
Elder User
Makes Me Sick!!!

OK, now I am sick.

Typical liberal ultra left wing psychobable.

That web site reminds me of a little kid who can't effectively argue his point, "....yeah, well your stupid then".

Those who exercise their Freedom to protest war do so because of those who are willing to wage war to protect it.

Old 02-22-2003, 09:33 AM
Ratsmoker
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Makes Me Sick!!!

Originally posted by 1997RangerXLT
Here is a 'Give war a chance' link that will blow your mind.

http://www.toostupidtobepresident.co...warachance.htm

I want my bandwidth back.

Old 02-22-2003, 10:16 AM
fasteddie
Freshman User
Angry Makes Me Sick!!!

Since our gun control fiasco began this buracratic nightmare is gonna cost us (real taxpayers) about two, count um two billion dollars!!. What has it done?, absolutely nothing!!
It's made criminals out of us law abieding folk. The only people that have guns now are the criminals & get this , they don't register do they!!. Gotta admit they are stabbing and using knives a lot more. I guess some criminals are "following the law". What a joke it is here in Canada!!!

Old 02-23-2003, 03:05 AM
cjcathey2002
Elder User
Makes Me Sick!!!

speaking of all this has anyone seen the recent movie, bowling for collumbine? i havent seen it yet, but my girlfriend saw it and is all up on this anti-gun trip rght now, i had to listen to her rant about the 'facts' portrayed in this movie...i think the maker is full of it, i am going to go see it just to see how incorrect his figures are. i am an avid gun owner and an nra member. ill keep guns in my house until my future children take them from my cold dead hands, and keep them until their deaths. everyday i have to put up with the liberal crap at college. makes me wonder if there is any school out there that doesnt preach liberal ideals? i at least know better, but what about the people that dont know the facts and only know what the liberals tell them? i am scared now.

Quick Reply: Makes Me Sick!!!