1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

I think I'm going with Mac's

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 12:38 AM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
parts

Classic haulers and LMC got all my money

Old 09-23-2010, 07:26 AM
Tomget
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too look everywhere. First off i go to my local NAPA in St Helena its just 9miles up the road, and they've been holding my hand for the last couple years as I used to go to a place in Napa-9miles south but they went out of business.

I like NAPA because the one i go to has a shop and do some machine work etc. People working there mostly all know way more than me and I sometimes have uniquie needs involving different types of tubing connections and such. And I need some help knowing which fittings etc. And these guys just get the right stuff for me etc. Or tell me there's a better way etc. So because of that I always try to spend my money with them first because of the help they give me. And they're always been there for me when I needed a windshield delivered by a common carrier who wouldn't deliver to a home address, or same with a motor etc.

So I always try local, but I also have all the catalogs I can get from everybody that makes resto/and hot rod stuff. Just looking through catalogs and knowing what's available can give me ideas and such, about how to solve problems etc. Catalogs "can" be dangerous with all their too tempting neat stuff, but I've gotten pretty good about not being an impulse buyer etc. so i feel OK about looking at all that sparkly cool looking stuff and "not buying" unless I'm really sure etc.

Goodluck with your builds/welcome