Converted 1997 F-350 7.5 460 to Sequential EFI - Dyno Graphs Inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 09:37 PM
jonbar87
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ballertown Motorsports • Login

The thread detailing the install^^. If you have any questions just refer to it or you can just ask me. You'll need to create an account to view that thread.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Forger
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping to catch your attention more than anything. I have a 97 with the 7.5, and I'm doing some exercises in seeing what I can get out this thing on pump gas (benefits of army paycheck and being single). I have the RHP Heads (non pollution grind), cam, and intake man. Hedmen header (I know crappy, but I'm looking into the banks header back system. I know everyone says L and L but the banks is bolt up and bench tested so I figure going with them the whole route is better). I took two different intakes and cut them up into a cold air that runs above each wheel well. Bumped the timing up to 12* and am running a BBK Adjustable FPR at 41psi. Since I can't seem to find a bolt in chip that will do anything, and I've read about the whole switching it over to MAF, and now SEFI, I'm wondering how I can do this? I've read use this and that and the other computer and harness (anything with a 5.0 after 96 seems to be common) but my question is since there is no Cam or crank shaft sensor how accurate can this really be? Also, Is there dumb *** style instructions for either of these conversions (SEFI/MAF)? Most of the ones I see are pretty electrical knowledge intensive, and I'm just sitting here going Duh I like spaghetti!

Old 10-11-2013, 09:33 PM
jonbar87
Tuned
Originally Posted by Forger
I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping to catch your attention more than anything. I have a 97 with the 7.5, and I'm doing some exercises in seeing what I can get out this thing on pump gas (benefits of army paycheck and being single). I have the RHP Heads (non pollution grind), cam, and intake man. Hedmen header (I know crappy, but I'm looking into the banks header back system. I know everyone says L and L but the banks is bolt up and bench tested so I figure going with them the whole route is better). I took two different intakes and cut them up into a cold air that runs above each wheel well. Bumped the timing up to 12* and am running a BBK Adjustable FPR at 41psi. Since I can't seem to find a bolt in chip that will do anything, and I've read about the whole switching it over to MAF, and now SEFI, I'm wondering how I can do this? I've read use this and that and the other computer and harness (anything with a 5.0 after 96 seems to be common) but my question is since there is no Cam or crank shaft sensor how accurate can this really be? Also, Is there dumb *** style instructions for either of these conversions (SEFI/MAF)? Most of the ones I see are pretty electrical knowledge intensive, and I'm just sitting here going Duh I like spaghetti!
Unfortunately the site that I did the writeup on looks to be down so I can't refer you to that. However I do know that as long as you use a MAP sensor, make a SEFI harness and repin the ECU like I did it would work. I still have all the wiring and sensor for when I did mine. I took it all out right before it got stolen. I might be able to find some of the wiring diagrams I used but unfortunately all the ones I documented the new wiring on was in the glove box when the vehicle was stolen.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Forger
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay. So whats this I've read about being able to use the computer for 4.6? Far as Ifigure you cant because a 4.6 has a crank and cam sensor, and generally cars don't run if they don't detect those.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:21 PM
jonbar87
Tuned
Originally Posted by Forger
Okay. So whats this I've read about being able to use the computer for 4.6? Far as Ifigure you cant because a 4.6 has a crank and cam sensor, and generally cars don't run if they don't detect those.
That I dont know. I just used an AEM Computer. However I wouldn't recommend it since I don't think you could tune it anyway...

Old 10-13-2013, 09:01 PM
85lebaront2
Old School Hot Rodder

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
There is a gentleman in Sweden who converted a 351C to EFI with coil packs like a 4.6L or 5.4L. I did some digging and found that the early 5.4L engines came with the E4OD and coil packs. The crank sensor can be fabricated as he did and the cam sensor was adapted from a 3.8L V6.