1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

How to get a chevy in a ford?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 06:54 PM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
how to get a chevy in a ford truck

******** width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Msd5ltrMd3Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Msd5ltrMd3Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed>*********>

Old 09-17-2010, 04:24 AM
Dr.Danger
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Festus Hagen
I understand the ribbing ... I just didn't/don't want to start one as I seem to start them with my adversary ways ...

Sorry, Ford makes the best pickum up truck there is hands down, Unfortunately IMO their motors suck!

As for Ford cars, You couldn't give me one newer then 67! (well maybe I'd take a Mach 1 429SCJ ... )

As for the BBF powered Camaro, saw one on Pinks All out last night ... Went home pretty early!

-Enjoy
fh : )_~

http://www.highflowdynamics.com/

Please go to this website and go down to advantages of a Ford over a Chevy and then tell me how a Chevy motor is better. Paul Kane (his site) is an impressive engine builder who frequents 460ford.com and puts a lot of effort out there to clear up misconceptions about Ford engines. This is real, technical proof, and not some flame war between the blue oval and bowtie boys.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Festus Hagen
Methanoholic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger
Please go to this website
Like I really need to ... I know his work!

I have spent 40+ years extracting power from motors of all kinds, we all have our differential opinions.

Anybody can do a little research and testing to come up with data for their opinion as to why ones better then the other ...

BTW, last night on Pinks All Out a Mustang won ... SBC POWERED!

Not that Pinks All Out is a "Standard" to judge off of, It's just funny that one night a BBF powered Camaro goes home early, the next night a SBC powered Mustang takes the cash ...

And this thread.

-Enjoy

Old 09-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Dr.Danger
Junior User
Pinks proves nothing more than one team can make a combo work and another one can't.

Please don't spout off your GM fanboy routine in a Ford truck forum. It is trollish behavior and you know it. You already know how 99% of the people here feel, and you willingly opened that can of worms.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:10 AM
quaddriver
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya blah blah blah. I note that he didnt spend any time comparing chevy blocks that exist today vs ford blocks - oh wait, the 460 block is OOP. The early gen blocks of course had problems.

anyways, why climb on the guy becaue he wants to build something? It has been resolved here and elsewhere that if your wallet it thin, chevy has more parts and more value due to its market penetration. not to mention, *as installed* in nearly every year and model, the chevy made more stock hp. so if your project budget is limited to obtaining a stock motor...its sorta a no brainer.

we can all point to websites of people we'd like to know as they advertise THEIR products. would it be fair for me to ask for street cred by pointing out that my 'builder' is a world record holder and is pretty much uninterested in less than 2500hp? (and the only ford that was in his shop was my 347 which was done as a paid 'favor' since he was a client of mine?)

wanna impress me? let me see a 6 in a row you work on compete with v8's.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:35 AM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
let's look at the facts. chevy was never good at making good looking trucks. ford was never good at making drivetrains. however, two wrongs don't make a right. if you want to be a part of the slap happy chevy gang, go buy a chevy. jesus, when do you ever hear honda people wanting to swap in a toyota motor?

Old 09-17-2010, 11:35 AM
truckerboy
Elder User
Why does chevy have so much more market penetration??
Ford has been building V8's a lot longer than chevy, and generally they build about the same number as chevy, so why doesnt ford and chevy have the same penetration??

Old 09-17-2010, 12:28 PM
monstercman
New User
I put a chevy 350 in my 84 f-150 with a th400 tranny
not that bad I made my headers and motor mounts had to cut some of the floor and fire wall out have any ??? post up
why you say just because I can

go to for more info and photos
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/291564...cab-tata-ns-ca

Old 09-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Dr.Danger
Junior User
Originally Posted by truckerboy
Why does chevy have so much more market penetration??
Ford has been building V8's a lot longer than chevy, and generally they build about the same number as chevy, so why doesnt ford and chevy have the same penetration??
Simple. Chevy had the small block in production from the mid 50s till about 2000, and the big block from the early 60s till about 2000. When you produce the same thing for years, there isn't a hell of a lot of parts difference, making their stuff on the average cheaper and easier to use in any application. Compare how many different engines Ford designed and manufactured over the same time period. Instead of using the same thing over and over Ford opted to design more products to fill more needs.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Dr.Danger
Junior User
Originally Posted by dohc_chump
let's look at the facts. chevy was never good at making good looking trucks. ford was never good at making drivetrains. however, two wrongs don't make a right. if you want to be a part of the slap happy chevy gang, go buy a chevy. jesus, when do you ever hear honda people wanting to swap in a toyota motor?
You are calling a Ford 9", C6, C4 bad drivetrain parts? Since when was a stock 700R4 a good transmission? Everyone made bad parts, good parts, and really good parts. You are painting with a pretty big brush there.....

I agree with the rest of your post though.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Dr.Danger
Junior User
Originally Posted by quaddriver
ya blah blah blah. I note that he didnt spend any time comparing chevy blocks that exist today vs ford blocks - oh wait, the 460 block is OOP. The early gen blocks of course had problems.

anyways, why climb on the guy becaue he wants to build something? It has been resolved here and elsewhere that if your wallet it thin, chevy has more parts and more value due to its market penetration. not to mention, *as installed* in nearly every year and model, the chevy made more stock hp. so if your project budget is limited to obtaining a stock motor...its sorta a no brainer.

we can all point to websites of people we'd like to know as they advertise THEIR products. would it be fair for me to ask for street cred by pointing out that my 'builder' is a world record holder and is pretty much uninterested in less than 2500hp? (and the only ford that was in his shop was my 347 which was done as a paid 'favor' since he was a client of mine?)

wanna impress me? let me see a 6 in a row you work on compete with v8's.
I assume you are referring to the link I posted? It was a simple comparison of two engines that are in the same class, the BBC and BBF. If we want to compare new Chevy engines with new Ford engines, we will need another place to discuss it apples to apples. Paul Kane does not just advertise his products or try to sell his stuff. He is a very respected forum member over on 460ford.com and helps tons of people with the correct information they need to get their engines built correctly, and his advice is free.

You know exactly why people are climbing on the guy. As said already, let me go to a Chevy forum and post how I am going to put a Ford motor in a Chevy truck. You tell me, how am I going to be received over there? Do you think they will help me out? Or give me anything other than insults for that matter?

As for your I6 comment, I have owned 2 Ford sixes, the 300 and 240, and both were bulletproof engines. It takes a little skill to make a 300 compete with a V8 but it has and can be done.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Festus Hagen
Methanoholic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger
Pinks proves nothing more than one team can make a combo work and another one can't.

Please don't spout off your GM fanboy routine in a Ford truck forum. It is trollish behavior and you know it. You already know how 99% of the people here feel, and you willingly opened that can of worms.
This is a public forum and I'll speak (respectfully) as I wish about what I wish!

You have been on here what, two months with 48 posts and you are calling me a troll ... Look in a mirror.

-Enjoy

Old 09-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Dr.Danger
Junior User
This is a public forum and I'll speak (respectfully) as I wish about what I wish!

You have been on here what, two months with 48 posts and you are calling me a troll ... Look in a mirror.

-Enjoy
Being a troll has nothing to do with the amount of time I have been here. I did not directly call you a troll, I said that posting what you did is trollish behavior (It's like saying Einstein acted like a ******* in one instance, not that he WAS a *******), and this entire thread got a rise out of more than just me. I am a die hard Ford guy, and I thought this was a Ford site but evidently I am seeing more support for brand X around here. And yes, this is a public forum and I do not mean any disrespect to your person but this entire thread is out of place. If I wanna read about Chevys I would go to a Chevy site where I would get support.

Am I not allowed to support Ford engines around here or what?

Old 09-17-2010, 04:04 PM
littlehusky
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

-Enjoy
Listen to your sig.. Improve knowledge, you'd see how wrong you were about a 460.
They dominate the top 10 finishers at the EMC every year. Proof is in the pudding, considering aside from the boss heads, they have been widely ignored until the last 10 years.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:05 AM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,596 Likes on 1,301 Posts
Uh, not that it matters, but I think "OOP" was meant to mean "out of production".

Quick Reply: How to get a chevy in a ford?