Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

OK so you asked for pix...(56k warning!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 02:54 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts
OK so you asked for pix...(56k warning!)

Rather than clutter up the PA Chapter Chat thread with this, I decided to give you a few shots of the new truck in its own thread. I cross linked the threads for reference. These are just some quick shots...nothing strategic or planned...to appease the masses (lol ) who wanted to see them.

This is my first F-series (I've had Rangers and Explorers over the past 15 years and been very happy with them) and yes, you've seen it before. Without going into great and unnecessary detail, my search and Scott's desire to sell crossed paths at the right time, and it became a good opportunity for both of us.

The "dynamic duo" sitting side by side (the Explorer is retired until I either sell or start on it as a project):

Driver's side shot:

Passenger side - and that "thing" on the ground is a soft tonneau that came along with it..all it needs is clamps:

Ooooo...V8...

This is a cool shot - it's a Lariat edition and that's what I intended to illustrate here, but check the reflection of the now-retired one in the black paint...

Lariat interior, leather seats:

Dash shot - and this time I have a changer to go with the combination head unit...sweet.:

Mirrors have a chrome face to them - the driver's side is decent but this one's kinda, not so nice. I'm pondering finding an all-black pair, or painting these, and doing away with this chrome altogether. I think I would prefer to find an all-black pair but we'll see about that.

Already has the FTE stickers on it. I have an idea for another one for the left window...I have a Twisted Diesel Performance one here, but that's not the one going on it. I need to catch up with someone about my idea...

I'll probably add a few more pix as time goes on. I hope to spend some time this coming weekend giving it a full detailing and such. As all of us know, we all get ideas from time to time, so don't be shocked if I add to this thread with mods...lol.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:56 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Looks good Bill. Congrats. again. Also a question about the tape deck, do you know if it'll fit an '01 cop car? My niece's display doesn't work. Stereo still works, but can't see time or radio station. If it'll fit & the price is right, might be interested if you want to sell it. Send me a P.M. if interested. Thanks!

Old 08-29-2010, 05:33 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Pat - not sure if it fits the Crown Vic or not...I can find out though. This one works great, I would just prefer a CD player.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Arlene
Just passing through...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So excited for you!!! Doing the Happy Dance 'round the living room

Old 08-29-2010, 06:05 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by Arlene
So excited for you!!! Doing the Happy Dance 'round the living room
Thank you I don't think the smile could have been slapped, chipped, ground, or otherwise removed from my face yesterday. I was happy to see this come full circle and the patience paid off. Next up is a good, full detailing job this coming weekend (hopefully) and we'll go from there.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Arlene
Just passing through...

Ah, yes... that "Good things come to those who are wonderfully patient" thing does work occasionally.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:13 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Yes it does...and patience is one thing I've ALWAYS had issues with too...lol.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Arlene
Just passing through...

So, making your wish list, I imagine...

Old 08-29-2010, 06:21 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by Arlene
So, making your wish list, I imagine...
Yup, in fact LED tails are on order and probably on their way already...lol. I have other things I'm looking at and considering also. As always, time and money factor in with the work travel and all that.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Arlene
Just passing through...

Whew! No grass growing under those tires, huh? Yeah, the LED's will make a HUGE difference. Really glad I decided to put them on mine. But, no need to do it all at once... got plenty of time.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Oldtrucknut7077
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lookin good Bill. The CD player is located under the rear drivers side window. It a 6 cd unit. Sorry, forgot to tell you that.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:34 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

LOL - it was worth a good laugh yesterday when I confessed the order had been placed already...so no, no grass growing.

Lots of time, so no, not in a hurry. I also have access to a Ford dealership via a friend who is their service manager, plus my friends here, so it's not like I don't have resources in place whenever I need them.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:36 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by Oldtrucknut7077
Lookin good Bill. The CD player is located under the rear drivers side window. It a 6 cd unit. Sorry, forgot to tell you that.
Woot! Thanks for telling me that...one less thing to worry about. I looked all over for it last night, but never found it; guess if it was a snake it'd have bit me...lol.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Oldtrucknut7077
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's basically the same unit thats in the Expy's center console, if you remember me showing you that one.

If I remember correctly, I did try a CD in there and it worked fine.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:39 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Yeah, I remember that now. I have one just like it that was to go in the Explorer, which has basically the same head unit as this truck has (and the Expy does I would assume).

Quick Reply: OK so you asked for pix...(56k warning!)