Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 12:10 PM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac
Another (small) box on the porch...braided ESOF vacuum lines.

Helped my son move in to the condo he recently bought, something about this picture screams West Virginia

West by God Virginia
Isn't that what the roof is for?

And be careful, don't remove those tags or the mattress cops will get ya!

Old 10-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
you could always hook up a windshield water squirter bottle down by the rear bumper to squirt your used motoroil out on the tail gaters.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Installed the EGR SlimLine visors that arrived today...

Review and write-up here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ne-visors.html

Old 10-02-2014, 01:52 PM
FLO98
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drove it, again. . . On a more serious note I have been dragging my buddies double axle dump trailer back and forth quite a lot lately and don't even notice it back there most of the time. Should have a few heavy loads of firewood for my in-laws in the next few days also and can really get a good idea of temperature differences and adjust my alarm setting on the Edge Insight CTS. Other than that I haven't had any issues (good or bad)!

Old 10-02-2014, 05:58 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts

Not what you want to see in your front seat.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
a buck yeA! deer jerky for all!

Old 10-02-2014, 08:00 PM
slowlanemcvane
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Removed and cleaned my EGR valve, replaced the gasket and o-rings. I didn't take any pictures during the process, but it was amazing the amount of soot and built-up carbon came off of the doggone thing when I removed it, and how much was dribbling off as I emptied a can of carb and choke cleaner all over it. No MIL yet, so I am hoping that did the temporary trick while I save for a more permanent solution for my EGR problem.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:44 AM
McFixitRight
New User

You could have been in a Prius. Your Ex looks like you could still fit a couple more deer in it. Hope everyone is safe.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:04 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Picked up a Transfer case skid plate of a Excursion Limited at the local wrecking yard yesterday. Installed it today. It does have a bit of surface rust, nothing regarding the structure of it. Need the gas tank skid plate to equal the off road package on mine.

Name:  IMG_20141001_180352_zpskiwvav4z.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  128.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20141002_180413_zpscqsguviv.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  48.3 KB

Old 10-03-2014, 01:04 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
well, looks like this weekend old man winter may just show himself. I need to get the studded snow tires on the Ex here soon since its that time of year.

Name:  Screenshot_2014-10-02-19-21-47_zpskhwpbork.png
Views: 95
Size:  267.2 KB

Old 10-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
We have possible snow in our forecast as well! I'm so excited!

Old 10-03-2014, 08:34 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 290 Likes on 150 Posts
Sucks about the car, but you have dinner and quite a few other meals now!

Old 10-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Splash67
Cargo Master

Nice rack on that buck!

Since he was hit by the deer chili is in order!!

Deer season is here!!!!!!! I hope his big brother or little sister walks by my tree stand this weekend!!

Old 10-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Brianut
Junior User
Maybe not just today, but in the last week

Don't post on here much,but lurk from time to time,
Thought I would share a few bits of recent "love" my X is getting.

I have had the truck since early 2009 and at that time was completely stock. I lifted it because well I just can't leave well enough alone and am running 315/35" tires with the stock gearing (3.73) works but not very well at elevation and pulling trailers all over the mountains.

For all these years I have been telling myself that it isnt worth the money to regear it.

Well to take it back a bit I was having some serious slop in my steering recently and after further inspection realized that over time my stock ball joints were all toast. Time to replace. 186,000 miles

so over the last couple days I have replaced all ball joints and the one bad drivers inner tie rod, WOW I had no idea how bad it really was. This came with realizing i should replace all the seals and such in the front end since everything was apart, added new rotors and pads and caliper rebuild kits up front as well.

My wife being the pincher of pennies she is was beating me up about how much I was spending..... I told her I wasn't done yet and I would let her know what the total was when finished She threw a fit and I told her
"fine I will just go buy me a 2015 F250 crewcab diesel to replace the X" Shes a bit quieter now about what I am spending.

All this work and the fact that I will be heading to the wet hills to chase Elk next week here in Colorado got me thinking......Made a few phone calls and swiped the CC and the B/3 (Big Brown Bus) will be getting a fresh set of Yukon gears and a Detroit Tru-Trac installed in the rear.Should be ready this evening.

Man I can't wait to see how much better she tows and drives in the muck we will likely be seeing.

Starting to think I need to swipe the card a few more times, maybe a hellwig rear sway bar, and a pile of steel to build me a propper roof rack and some bumpers, maybe a big ole winch.

Oh yea we just moved a few months ago and gutted the house we bought, she is thinking the money on the excursion would be better spent on the house, yeah well if my truck doesnt work then how am I supposed to get all the new materials home from Lowes?

No good pictures right now but I will be sure to take some while she is earning her keep getting me to places remote.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Splash67
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Brianut
Don't post on here much,but lurk from time to time,
Thought I would share a few bits of recent "love" my X is getting.

I have had the truck since early 2009 and at that time was completely stock. I lifted it because well I just can't leave well enough alone and am running 315/35" tires with the stock gearing (3.73) works but not very well at elevation and pulling trailers all over the mountains.

For all these years I have been telling myself that it isnt worth the money to regear it.

Well to take it back a bit I was having some serious slop in my steering recently and after further inspection realized that over time my stock ball joints were all toast. Time to replace. 186,000 miles

so over the last couple days I have replaced all ball joints and the one bad drivers inner tie rod, WOW I had no idea how bad it really was. This came with realizing i should replace all the seals and such in the front end since everything was apart, added new rotors and pads and caliper rebuild kits up front as well.

My wife being the pincher of pennies she is was beating me up about how much I was spending..... I told her I wasn't done yet and I would let her know what the total was when finished She threw a fit and I told her
"fine I will just go buy me a 2015 F250 crewcab diesel to replace the X" Shes a bit quieter now about what I am spending.

All this work and the fact that I will be heading to the wet hills to chase Elk next week here in Colorado got me thinking......Made a few phone calls and swiped the CC and the B/3 (Big Brown Bus) will be getting a fresh set of Yukon gears and a Detroit Tru-Trac installed in the rear.Should be ready this evening.

Man I can't wait to see how much better she tows and drives in the muck we will likely be seeing.

Starting to think I need to swipe the card a few more times, maybe a hellwig rear sway bar, and a pile of steel to build me a propper roof rack and some bumpers, maybe a big ole winch.

Oh yea we just moved a few months ago and gutted the house we bought, she is thinking the money on the excursion would be better spent on the house, yeah well if my truck doesnt work then how am I supposed to get all the new materials home from Lowes?

No good pictures right now but I will be sure to take some while she is earning her keep getting me to places remote.

Looking forward to the pictures!

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?