Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR In-channel SlimLine Visors

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 12:58 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Came home to a box from Jegs containing the visors I ordered a few weeks ago (back ordered). Decided to pick these after talking with David (USCG_PA) since I spotted them on his rig and I usually cruise with a window or four cracked open a bit. Got really tired of water dripping off into the window switches in a light drizzle or if using the windshield washers. EGR 573151 EGR In-Channel Slim Line Window Visors - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS if anyone else is interested, or EGR #349-573151. Figured for a measily $75 if they sucked, I wouldn't be out too bad. Installation took maybe 15 minutes, including reading the instructions and the window rolling repetitions. Instructions are simple and clear, no worries there nor struggling with shoddy translations. Skipping ahead to the actual install... Wedge the front edge in at the base of the mirror, and over the lower window channel rubber. Next, you need to bend the visor outwards from the middle so you can fit the back end in the channel. This was a little nerve wracking at first as I didn't want to snap the thing in half, but in reality they're a lot more pliable than I thought. From here, you just work it into the groove starting at the front. Some gentle twisting and pushing is required to get it past the seal, but nothing crazy. The fronts mount in a press-fit fashion, once they're in they aren't coming out. This is why you need to bend them out a bit for the install, they fit very snug in the channel. The rears mount using 3M double sided tape that is already installed, you just need to peel the backing and throw them in. Install is simple - stick in groove, push up. The instructions have you roll all the windows up and down 5 times to help the tape on the rears make full contact and adhere properly. You're also not supposed to drive for four hours after install, although I can't imagine short trips around town at low speeds with the windows up would have any adverse affects. Few more pictures... They are very low-profile and the SlimLine definitely applies... Pay no attention to the gangster lean of the rig, I park halfway on the curb to allow more space for neighborhood traffic. All in all I'm quite pleased with them so far. After the 76 mile round trip commute tomorrow I'll post up regarding any changes in wind noise, if they flap or vibrate in the wind, etc.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:21 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking good! I have liked mine, I hope you feel the same way about yours.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:58 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
i cant believe they still make them, i though the 80s/90's was long gone. but no itll live on forever with moon visors, razorbacks, and them window vent things......

Old 10-02-2014, 02:00 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I love mine, but the rear 2 have both fallen out since I bought them I found a site online that just sells the rears but the tape on the fronts is getting loose too so I might just replace them all.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:24 PM
holeshotwalt
Posting Guru
Looks cool, Matt. I've been considering these for a while myself.

Apoc, do you have this same brand? I'm interested how they hold up...

Old 10-02-2014, 04:08 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by holeshotwalt
Looks cool, Matt. I've been considering these for a while myself.

Apoc, do you have this same brand? I'm interested how they hold up...
I have these, actually it was mine that Matt saw and was interested in. These do not use tape on the front windows, they are held in place in the window channels strictly through their shape and how they wedge in place. It is only the backs that use tape. Yes, tape may eventually fail, but so far I have had no issues at all.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Pele
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyonr have WeatherTech ones? How do they compare?

Old 10-02-2014, 06:15 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Pele
I don't have experience with the WeatherTech ones, but we did put AVS ones on my wife's Ford Edge. The in channel ones were junk, they did not line up well, and interfered with the window functions. The company I bought from replaced them with the same brand, but the outside stick-on ones, and those have been OK so far. I would have gotten EGR for the Edge, but they did not make them for it...

Old 10-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Magnus E
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Pele
I have the weather tech ones. No problems and seem to be good quality.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:00 PM
holeshotwalt
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Magnus E
I have the weather tech ones. No problems and seem to be good quality.
Are they in channel style? How long have you had them?

Old 10-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Magnus E
Fleet Mechanic
In channel and I've had them for a few months - maybe 5-6 months.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Pele
Laughing Gas
I've had the WeatherTech ones on my wife's Mazda MPV van. All four are in channel with no tape. I like them.

I have the front set on my Dodge Ram truck. It's a Quad Cab (Extended cab with rear suicide type doors.) The rest windows are the flip out vents rather than actual roll down windows. Those would normally be stuck on with tape, so I didn't bother getting those. It also helps that I found this set in the scrapyard on a regular cab truck.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:51 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
i really need to get some, i def want to go with in channel ones. May have to pick some of these up.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Just finished a blast down the freeway, took it up to 95 with no noticeable change in wind noise and the visors had zero flex going on too.

Cracked the windows a bit and the high-speed whistle is greatly diminished as well, more of a rushing air sound now.

All in all, I'm highly satisfied with them!

Old 10-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Peace2Peep
Laughing Gas
Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Good stuff! I've had the Weathertech models for two years and they are great! I noticed the tape they came with sucked from the start...so I picked it off and went to the auto parts store and got some body molding 3m tape and viola! No slip or movement...did it once and for all! They work great but water still hits the switches when the window is all the way down during a solid FL rain.

Quick Reply: EGR In-channel SlimLine Visors