Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Freshman User

SSdiesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Unhappy help !!! can't remove fuel line from fuel sensor after dropping tank ???

Hopefully i'm just having a brain cramp but how the heck do you remove the fuel line from the fuel sensor once you get it out of the tank .... i'm and

i can't drive my truck now until it get it fixed somehow .... ( having the fuel sensor dangling may not be such a " good " idea me thinks.... )

i have a 97 f250 diesel 4x4 , the back tank looked like it was leaking and while dropping the tank i found out one of the fuel lines was very loose and fell off, BUT i can't seem to get the other one off .... does anyone know how ??? i dropped the tank and spun the ring holding the fuel sending unit and wiggled it out ...now it's dangling there

now i'm stuck ... can't get the last line off and not sure how to replace the other line ....or just pop it back on ?????

Can someone pls give me some help here ... it would be greatly appreciated ....

Scott
Old 07-18-2010, 07:02 AM
Post Fiend

427 fordman has a great reputation on FTE.427 fordman has a great reputation on FTE.427 fordman has a great reputation on FTE.427 fordman has a great reputation on FTE.
bump, bump, I don't know but I'll move your post up so hopefully someone helps you out.
"TheBeast"1997F2504x4dually4.10's,160k,140VIDM,HPX ,4-5"dp, S366 turbo, 6637, elec. fuel,rosewood stage ones,php,arp studs, comp springs, smith brothers push rods, T500 HPOP,melling lpop,180 tstat,6.0 fan and IC,trucool,coolant filter,scan gauge,lots of other gauges,racer x valve body and billet converter, upgraded trans, F550 leaf springs,SD dual tensioner upgrade, cold ac mod
Old 07-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Post Fiend

Brown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to all
You need the fuel line removal tool. Should need a 5/16's and a 3/8's for the two lines on the fuel tank.

Click the image to open in full size.
'95 F350 CC 4x4 Powerstroke - GONE but not forgotten
Old 07-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Post Fiend

Cuda_jim has a great reputation on FTE.Cuda_jim has a great reputation on FTE.Cuda_jim has a great reputation on FTE.Cuda_jim has a great reputation on FTE.Cuda_jim has a great reputation on FTE.
Brownies suggestion above should do it^^^
If it is still stuck use some penetrating oil on it first to help dislodge dirt, blow it out then use the tool.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Posting Guru

BlueMule has a good reputation on FTE.BlueMule has a good reputation on FTE.
You can also use a AC line disconnect tools.
Click the image to open in full size.

Google Image Result for http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/9094121_lg.jpg

Any decent parts store will have them and they're a lot cheaper than the pliers type.

Just make sure the connection is good and clear or they will be a bitch to separate. All the road grime gets in there and wont allow the tool to slide in and depress the loxk collar
Old 07-19-2010, 12:37 AM
Freshman User

SSdiesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
thanks a lot .... i appreciate the help ... i knew there had to be an easier way of doing it .....
Old 07-19-2010, 03:17 AM
Posting Guru

Midwest Dually has a good reputation on FTE.Midwest Dually has a good reputation on FTE.Midwest Dually has a good reputation on FTE.
The next way i can think of are a couple small headed flat head screw drivers, and compress the plastic clip inside the line outward, releasing the lip of the connector.. But that tool is a huge help!

1994 F-350 CC Dually : DRW 4x4 XLT, 97 7.3 DIT conversion, tuned, open pipe and modded!.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/94...p-started.html
2010 F-250 CC SRW 6.4PS: 6.4 Powerstroke, 3" lift, Ranch hand F+R Bumpers and guards, ARE Topper, PIAA Off road lighting, more to come!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 AM
VT Chapter Ldr

wildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputation
I have made my own also by just rolling some very light gauge steel to the approxiate diameter needed.

Scott there should be some stainless steel clips that clip on both ends of the line to keep them from coming apart if for some reason the spring clip in the connector fails or becomes week.
Jim- Slackmaster #22, I'll get to it someday BS'er #6. 1996 F250 CC Shorty 4X4 E4OD 7.3L Diesel
Mods: 6637 air filter,203 F t-stat from Diesel Site-finally heat! HPX line, Tymar 3-4 dp to 4" exhaust, E4OD "The Cure" 30K mod for now, 140IDM mod, ISSPRO ev1 egt, trans temp, boost, adrenaline HPOP med-oil, superduty rear springs, 91 D60, 6.0 trans cooler, need 100hp more... 01 excursion 7.3 4x4
Old 07-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Post Fiend

Brown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to all
^^^^x2^^^^
'95 F350 CC 4x4 Powerstroke - GONE but not forgotten
Old 07-19-2010, 02:32 PM
VT Chapter Ldr

wildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputation
Spelled the wrong week should have been weak.
Jim- Slackmaster #22, I'll get to it someday BS'er #6. 1996 F250 CC Shorty 4X4 E4OD 7.3L Diesel
Mods: 6637 air filter,203 F t-stat from Diesel Site-finally heat! HPX line, Tymar 3-4 dp to 4" exhaust, E4OD "The Cure" 30K mod for now, 140IDM mod, ISSPRO ev1 egt, trans temp, boost, adrenaline HPOP med-oil, superduty rear springs, 91 D60, 6.0 trans cooler, need 100hp more... 01 excursion 7.3 4x4
Old 07-19-2010, 02:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
1997, 1999, 60, dropping, explorer, f150, f250, f350, ford, fuel, line, lines, removal, remove, tank, truck