1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OMG What is this ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 06:21 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by roljr
Best looking 51 I have ever seen, Ford ran out of class in 1950 !!!!!!!!!!!!

BOB
AMEN! There's not much you can do to a manure spreader to make it pretty...but he tried.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:15 AM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Early attempt at 48-50 styling.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:47 AM
low54
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, if i had have an opinion it would be...WHY?

Old 07-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Tomget
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like it! Always the "contrarian" . I dont' like the grill shell for sure, but the photo from the rear? I think that's nice! Better shaped rear fenders might help--but hard to make happen I'm sure. If he'd just paint it black not "yellow&purple"--but that's just me. I like the rat trucks in general. I don't want one, but I think they can be cool and I like their ingenuity and creativeness.

Goodluck

Old 07-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Tomget
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by Tomget
I like it! Always the "contrarian" . I dont' like the grill shell for sure, but the photo from the rear? I think that's nice! Better shaped rear fenders might help--but hard to make happen I'm sure. If he'd just paint it black not "yellow&purple"--but that's just me. I like the rat trucks in general. I don't want one, but I think they can be cool and I like their ingenuity and creativeness.

Goodluck
As I look at that rear pic again, if he could just maybe cut off that sharp 90 on the bottom rear edge of those rear fenders and round off or less--its just that sharp point--not so good--imo. That very sharp point is just a little too overstated. But he's been clever to "tub" the truck -outside the bed--unique and make that cool little OEM "looking" bed with the exhaust exiting nicely just in front of rear fenders. And this all allows the truck bed to tuck in nicely behind the cab etc. I agree as someone earlier mentioned a chopped top would be nice, but maybe being so severely channeled there needs to be more head room etc for it to be driveable. Nice work.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:20 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by mtflat
What's the fuss all about? It's stock isn't it? I didn't notice anything unusual.......
GRIN
At first I couldn't notice much of a difference either, but after I could stomach taking a second look, I did notice some minor changes.

Originally Posted by 51PanelMan
Early attempt at 48-50 styling.
If it were something went horribly wrong! I have a feeling Dr. Nick Riviera had something to do with it.

Ilya, if your are correct at least one owner of a Manure Grill realized the previous design was the best and might have tried to fix it.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:33 PM
ken_r_mer
Freshman User
Come Judgement Day

The God of 51-52's will not look too kindly on that poor soul when judgement day comes.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Tomget
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by ken_r_mer
The God of 51-52's will not look too kindly on that poor soul when judgement day comes.
How do you know?? Maybe you've got it all backwards.

Maybe He admires a "creator"?

Old 07-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Tomget
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by Tomget
As I look at that rear pic again, if he could just maybe cut off that sharp 90 on the bottom rear edge of those rear fenders and round off or less--its just that sharp point--not so good--imo. That very sharp point is just a little too overstated. .
This modded rear fender is what I had in mind:

Old 07-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Tomget
Posting Guru

The early F1 trucks dont' easily look good modded imo--even chopped tops are hard to pull off-its mostly the grill I think. Later when they went to the more wider more "bullet" type grilles, one can do a lot.

Here's an example of a "modded" early F1 that i think holds together pretty good. This is from the Sacramento Vintage Ford catalog, and I don't know this guy Paul or anthing, but I really like what he did. My only tiny constructive criticism is that the black modern outside rear view mirrors are a too eyecatching departure from the rest of the truck. But everything else is perfect. One of the few heavily modded street rod type early F1's that totally pulls it off.

My F1 is stock appearing and I like it that way, but in general I like modded trucks too. But sometimes mods just don't work, and they always entails a lot of work and expense. So its nice going into the project to have a good sense of the outcome before one begins.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:16 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
That truck looks like it was channeled and/or sectioned as well which helps keep the top chop in proportion. The F1 front fender lower section look very "heavy" to me. Maybe a set of thin split bumpers (Corvette etc) would break up that area. Yes I too think he needs to paint the mirrors.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:58 AM
edzakory
Elder User
"...at the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly".

I admire the builders creativity, skill, and accomplishment. As to whether I like the final product, my sentiments are irrelevant.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Tomget
Posting Guru

"When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts,
there's no end to what you can't do." quoted from edzakory

Wow/that's a great signature. My life story!--hard work and failure/i love it. I might steal that. Better than anything I've got.

Goodluck

Old 07-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Hickabilly1960
Junior User
I would say Darksider for sure!

Old 07-19-2010, 08:36 PM
rtcalabrojr
Darksider

Did someone say cookies?