1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Allow me to vent, eBay strikes again!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 06:44 PM
kenjh
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I learned about e bay long ago ..after getting burned for several hundred bucks ..I just don't buy from them.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:29 PM
SunDown
Senior User
ebay is a great tool to use, however, be smart and protect yourself. Having been a victim of a malicious seller selling faulty wares, I have learned how to use the tool a little better.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:51 PM
black58
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm tired of this garbage. It just gets old. She's sent me about 15 nasty emails already, even after I've asked her to stop contacting me. She's calling me names, and she said I'm digging myself into a hole I may not be able to get out of. I think I'm done with eBay, I've had too much luck with Craigslist. Both for selling and buying.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:24 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by kenjh
I learned about e bay long ago ..after getting burned for several hundred bucks ..I just don't buy from them.
I've got almost 400 feedbacks as both buyer and seller.
had my bad sellers.

Ebay is just the shopping center..

Sam

Old 07-06-2010, 09:01 PM
kenjh
Posting Guru
my problem was not understanding to jump on the problem right away..trusted to long and expected to be treated the same..but when they are 2000miles away ..it's a learning experaince...good bad or indiferent..if they have a shop ..I bypass E-bay..so have you found out what the headders are for?

Old 07-06-2010, 09:34 PM
lvin4jc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sdetweil
this is one of the reasons they took vendor negative feedback away.
You'd get clobbered by some scumbag who clearly didn't put up the right info..
I was so happy to see that go away. I e-mailed eBay about it a few times. There were times I needed to leave negative feedback, but I couldn't because I was afraid of their leaving me bad feedback. I mean good grief, if I paid you instantly what could be negative about my part of the transaction?

You can't really stop buying from "them" because it's individual people. I've also had some of the best customer service experiences on eBay.

I love craigslist, but the exposure is a fraction of eBay's and the constant spam gets old quick.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:29 PM
fordman75
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
You said they won't bolt up to the heads? Do the headers have a horizontal bolt pattern? Or do they have a diagonal bolt pattern?

Any chance you are trying to use the passenger side header on the driver side?

Ebay is just like anywhere else there are good sellers and bad sellers. And also good and bad buyers. I buy and sell on ebay. And have had good and bad experiences.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:31 PM
SunDown
Senior User
Originally Posted by black58
I'm tired of this garbage. It just gets old. She's sent me about 15 nasty emails already, even after I've asked her to stop contacting me. She's calling me names, and she said I'm digging myself into a hole I may not be able to get out of. I think I'm done with eBay, I've had too much luck with Craigslist. Both for selling and buying.

Stop, take a deep breath. She's trying to intimidate you. As another member mentioned, ignore her (I know thats hard to do). DO keep her emails for proof of intimidation. Paypal and or your credit card co will need these. It wont be the only thing they base thier decision on but it certainly helps prove your case. I would stop conversing with her all together now that you have launched the dispute through paypal.

Dont let her get under your skin, you're more than likely going to get your money back and thats probably why shes so bent out of shape. Keep your head up!

Old 07-06-2010, 10:49 PM
SunDown
Senior User
let me tell you a story real quick that might make you feel a little better or at least like you're not a lone.

I love ebay, mainly buy but do sell every now and again. a few years back I wanted to get my wife a diamond (dont buy diamonds on ebay! I was the idiot you can learn from) so I looked to ebay. After spending a few weeks browsing and getting a feel for who was moving diamonds and getting consistant good feedback I decided I would bite. I found a diamond I liked it was priced in the low five figure price point and "appraised" a fair bit higher than that. I bought through paypal, paid via my credit card (having already learned this lesson a few years earlier).

Diamond came overnight and upon inspection had a HUGE plainly visable inclusion near the middle. Otherwise the diamond was stunning. Within the hour I had contacted the seller to discuss the inclusion and lack of disclosure. I asked where the diamond could be sent back to and requested my money back, he gave a "money back guarentee" in his ebay auction.

I was met with the same response you are currently getting from your seller lady, vulgar insults, threats, spamming emails full of hate. After it was clear that I wasnt going to get my money back and that the seller didnt want the diamond back, I contacted my credit card company and opened a dispute case. I sent the diamond back to the seller and requested a signature. The seller refused the package and had it returned back to me. I sent the proof that the package had been sent, as it was, and informed the credit card company that the seller had refused the shipment and the diamond was sent back to me.

In a matter of 45 days (full of hate spam and threats) I recieved a full credit on my credit card, paypal closed thier open files since the credit card company had done the investigation and the seller got his ebay account closed permantly. I still have that diamond in the safe.

I'm not saying that every case will be resolved like this but just letting you know I have been there.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:09 AM
malatious
Junior User
I have had good luck with Ebay/Paypal resolving issues. Twice for items that never showed up. Paypal rufunded my money in both cases. What was funny, was the one part showed up about 6 months later, the box was crushed, looked like it had been used to paint parts on and had sat out in the weather for awhile, but the shipping date was a week prior to my receiving it. I never was able to contact the seller, he would never respond, don't know what made him decide to finally send me the part. Just like everywhere else there are great people and there are crooks.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:23 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i try very hard not too use ebay or evil bay as i call it . been burned a few times myself . it is a huge pain in the **** to get things taken care of there too . now i use it as a reference only as to whats available on the open market . i ordered something at the wifes insistence that still hasn't come 5 months later and all attempts to contact the seller and deal with evil bay and paypal have been fruitless . lesson learned , i don't think she'll be using it again any time soon as she's out of 100 bucks .

Old 07-07-2010, 06:52 AM
black58
Elder User
Originally Posted by fordman75
You said they won't bolt up to the heads? Do the headers have a horizontal bolt pattern? Or do they have a diagonal bolt pattern?

Any chance you are trying to use the passenger side header on the driver side?

Ebay is just like anywhere else there are good sellers and bad sellers. And also good and bad buyers. I buy and sell on ebay. And have had good and bad experiences.
The holes are horizontal, no, it's definitely the driver's side. The story get's better now. I found a set of long tube headers on Craigslist up in Wisconsin, about 60 miles one way. I called the guy yesterday, he said come on up. I get off work and head straight up there. I get there, money in hand, and he goes to get the headers. He comes out and hands me the passenger's side header. Long story short, he gave the driver's side to a buddy to photograph and post on Craigslist and the buddy never gave the header back and he never thought about it till I got up there. Then he couldn't get his buddy to answer the phone. I drove 120 miles round trip for nothing. Ugh. Maybe I'm not supposed to get this truck back on the road.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:35 AM
norvillebob
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought the e-cheapo summit plain jane hugger headers off ebay. worked well for my 351w conversion.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:45 AM
black58
Elder User
Originally Posted by norvillebob
I bought the e-cheapo summit plain jane hugger headers off ebay. worked well for my 351w conversion.
Have you got any pictures?

Old 07-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Poison Oil Racing
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been burned by PayPal and refuse to buy or sell anything on Ebay.
I don't even visit Ebay any more.
I only use my PayPal account to send money to friends or purchase things that I have physically seen first.

Quick Reply: Allow me to vent, eBay strikes again!