Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Remove center console in 2002 Sport Trac?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Nitroman
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remove center console in 2002 Sport Trac?

New guy here with my first post. First off this is an excellent site and I'm glad to be a member.

I'm a rural mail carrier and have been looking for a Sport Trac for a work truck. It's size seems to be ideal. I recently found a 2002 model in excellent shape but it has that large console down the center that has an a/c duct in it for the back seat. For me to be able to use this truck, that would have to be completely removed.

Is this possible? I really need to know as that is the only deal breaker I have with this otherwise fine looking truck.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice,
Nitro

Old 07-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Nitroman
New User
Ok, so nobody's got an answer for this. Assuming it CAN be removed, whats inside that thing? is it just a small blower motor to assist in directing air out the rear vents, or is there more to it than that?

Thanks,
Nitro

Old 07-03-2010, 09:31 AM
shorod
Logistics Pro
Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
I could send you a PDF of the removal procedure if you send me an e-mail address for you. I'll need to know if the truck has the base console or the "high series" console. I'm not sure if what designates the "high series" console in the Sport Trac. I'd guess it will have fan controls for the rear seat passengers as well as possibly radio controls.

-Rod

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-04-2010, 06:00 AM
ncranchero
Postmaster

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I hang out on the Sport Trac sites more now. The "high series" is what you have , which BTW is in high demand amongst Sport Trac owners. Join/post it on one of the Sport Trac sites and you'll get a pretty penny for it.
If that's all that's holding you back from the purchase then get it and we'll tell you how to remove the console. I've had mine apart front to back so I'm rather familiar with the model you're looking at. You'll have to PM/email me since you show no contact info.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:30 AM
shorod
Logistics Pro
The files should be in your inbox. I sent both the base console and high series console instructions as the files ended up quite small.

-Rod

Old 07-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Nitroman
New User
Originally Posted by shorod
The files should be in your inbox. I sent both the base console and high series console instructions as the files ended up quite small.

-Rod
Files received. Thanks for the info!!

Nitro

Old 08-07-2014, 01:35 PM
mariobie
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Ford Explorer Sport Track center console removal

-Rod
Hello. My first post on this forum. Glad there is a wealth of information.
I am trying to remove " high series " center console. Is it possible to obtain detailed instructions on how to do that? I tried but I don't want to break anything :-)
Thank you !

Old 08-07-2014, 04:57 PM
shorod
Logistics Pro
Welcome! It is possible, but the same steps need to be followed that I mentioned above.

-Rod

Old 08-07-2014, 11:52 PM
mariobie
New User
Hello. Thank you but I am sorry. I do not see the steps you've mentioned above?

Old 08-08-2014, 06:44 AM
shorod
Logistics Pro
I need an e-mail address to send the files to.

You can send the e-mail address in a Private Message. Left click on my username in one of the above posts, then select "Send a Private Message to...." In the Private Message include the vehicle details (year and model - Explorer, Sport, or Sport Trac), the instructions you're looking for, and an e-mail address for you that can accept PDF files.

-Rod

Old 08-08-2014, 08:17 AM
mariobie
New User
Thank you Sir but I can't sent PM for now. Must meet some criteria first ( # of posts, days on this site ). Will do as soon as I am allowed to sent PM. Thank you for your help

Old 07-24-2015, 08:47 PM
Revock
New User
Another mailman

I need an e-mail address to send the files to.

You can send the e-mail address in a Private Message. Left click on my username in one of the above posts, then select "Send a Private Message to...." In the Private Message include the vehicle details (year and model - Explorer, Sport, or Sport Trac), the instructions you're looking for, and an e-mail address for you that can accept PDF files.

-Rod
I messaged you on your member page,,I got the 2002 Sport Trac for the same reason as Nitroman, rural mailman. I'd appreciate those files as well if anyone has them.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:14 AM
ncranchero
Postmaster

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Revock
I messaged you on your member page,,I got the 2002 Sport Trac for the same reason as Nitroman, rural mailman. I'd appreciate those files as well if anyone has them.
I sent you the instructions I think I sent out originally.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:19 PM
Revock
New User
Thanks I had also seen those on another site, but I thought i was missing something, it worked fine once I realized I had to push backwards on it with some muscle.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:41 PM
shorod
Logistics Pro
It sounds like you have received the files that you were seeking. In the event you didn't though, you should find another copy in your inbox.

-Rod

Quick Reply: Remove center console in 2002 Sport Trac?