Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2010, 12:50 AM
Modular motor junkie

bill11012 has a great reputation on FTE.bill11012 has a great reputation on FTE.bill11012 has a great reputation on FTE.bill11012 has a great reputation on FTE.bill11012 has a great reputation on FTE.
My super cab does not have one, but I am getting ready to add it. So If I walk into a parts store I can order this part for a CC or Ex and mod mine with it?

My IDI can't out pull anything.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:54 AM
Freshman User

frozenpoet is starting off with a positive reputation.
how do you know if it's working right?
Old 06-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Postmaster

1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
Hmm. They must put them on CC only from the factory. Mine is an 04' SC and doesn't have the valve. Guess its because of the extra cu ft of the CC.
That's interesting. And your theory makes sense. I bet you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenpoet View Post
how do you know if it's working right?
If you're talking about the factory valve..... I checked it with the engine running and the valve is in one position for all heater/AC settings except "MAX AC". In MAX AC, the valve moves to the other position. You could probably check the add-on valve the same way.

Click - My Super Duty Tech Articles
1975 Baja Bronco Project
1984 Ranger 4x4 R.I.P Nov 2007
Old 06-19-2010, 11:10 AM
New User

Trble is starting off with a positive reputation.
99 F250 ExtCab

mine doesn't have a valve in any of the spots shown.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Posting Guru

Spool&Go has a very good reputation on FTE.Spool&Go has a very good reputation on FTE.Spool&Go has a very good reputation on FTE.
This seems like a cool mod. I'll make sure to do this when I buy a new AC condenser. I poked a hole in mine while doing the Zoodad mod.

Bryce - Big BS'er #7
The Green Machine
Early 99' 7.3L F-250 PSD_471hp/1024 tq. Mods:35-12.5-18 Cooper Muds_Moto Metal 18"s_3" 4" Lift_4" Exhaust_Turbonetics_Rosewood Stage II SS 160/100s_T500 HPOP_6637 AIS_JWVB_Powerstop Rotors_Ceramic Pads_HPX_NVK4 PCM_Cales Tunes_Autometer Gauges
Old 01-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.
additional information.
It is now high summer down under, +100 temps. I'm finding my 2003 = CC I have to have the max a/c setting + the temp dial set way down at coldest setting, 7 o'clock, to get any sort of cooling to occur.
Just checked the hoses to the heater element - no valve is present on either hoses between their entry into the firewall and the coming out of the ends of the block.

I'd like to do the Ranger Valve Mod to increase my a/c cooling and decrease unnecessary load on the a/c compressor and other cooling components. Making the system more efficient has got to equate to less wear and tear and therefore slightly better MPGs when the a/c is running compared to the stock set up.
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 04-06-2012, 02:05 AM
Elder User

cutlass has a good reputation on FTE.cutlass has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanN View Post
So, I decided to give it a whirl... it was $20 so what the heck!?

Here's the valve (I had picked one off a Ranger, but the diaphragm was bad):
Click the image to open in full size.

Here's where I'm gonna put it:

Here it is installed:

Down under the passenger's side of the dash is where I "T'd" into the white vacuum line:

A closeup of the whole thing... I managed to save the vacuum lines and a "T" off the the Ranger I got the first valve from so it all looks OEM:

I drilled a hole though the rubber grommet beside the black one that was already in there. It's tricky to find it, but all you have to do is reach behind the inner fender well through the wheel opening and fish around in there for awhile. I found that the valve drops the temperatures about 10*! WOW!!! Not bad for $20... now if I can just get my system cleaned out, I'll be set! PM if you have any questions!
Jon,
In the last picture here, you mentioned you salvaged the vacuum lines and the "T" off of the Ranger. From what specific area did the "T" and the vacuum lines come off of? I might look into buying these from my local dealer if I can figure out where these parts are found and from what year Ranger.

Thanks,
Drake
Drake- E99 F350 7.3, 4x2, SRW, CCLB Mods: Ford Reman engine, 38R & blank pedestal, bellowed up-pipes, OCR, Welded oil jets, plenum inserts, T-500, 238/100's, F5 DP Tuner, Fire Rings, ARP Head Studs, 910's w/shims, Melling LPOP, Fluidampr, ITP Reg Return, Fuel Bowl Delete, Post Pump Fuel Filter, & Banjo Bolts, Air Dog, Hutch Mod, HPX, AFE Stg 2, 4" MBRP, 6.0 Trans Cooler, coolant filter, EV2's, Stancor Relay, CCV
Old 04-06-2012, 06:53 AM
Posting Guru

JonathanN has a great reputation on FTE.JonathanN has a great reputation on FTE.JonathanN has a great reputation on FTE.JonathanN has a great reputation on FTE.JonathanN has a great reputation on FTE.
Man, it's been so long I can't remember, all I know is the line and T are what were attached to the valve. I would imagine if the parts guy looked it up, he'd be able to see that line and T?
Early 1999 F-250 Lariat 4x4 w/7.3L PSD, AT, SC, LB, 315/75/16's on 16x10's, 4" Lift, 4" Exhaust, HPx, Regulated Fuel Return, Hutch/Harpoon, NVK4 PCM, John Wood Valve Body, 6637 w/Pete's Cover, CCV, EBPV Delete, DP-Tuner, IssPro's - 332,000 miles!

Truck Pictures
Old 04-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Senior User

IslandBlueV10 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hello and great post, I don't use my A/C very often(this truck is the first vehicle I've owned with A/C). I mostly just use the vent, I'm just used to driving with the windows down. But I do notice that when I have the fan going the air blows warmer then the outside temp. and reading this posts about the coolent always flowing through the heater core then it is always heating up the air until I use the A/C.

So can I just install a shut off valve to shut off the flow of coolent to the heater core until I want heat? And will it make my vent temp a bit cooler by not blowing warm air from the heater core? The pic from 1975StroppeBaja posted of the stock valve, is this a good location for the shut off valve? I don't have a vacuum valve on my truck.

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Just one year at a time..

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Shawn,

Under the conditions in which you use yours, I'd say a manual shut-off valve would be the way to go.

Those of us that have ours on and off a lot should probably have something a little more automatic. I've had a vacuum-operated valve in mine for about six years and it works as well today as the day I installed it.

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 04-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Senior User

Chipworkz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Here are the parts I bought from Autozone if anyone wants to just go buy the parts off the shelf.

I built a simple heat sheild for the valve since the diaphragm faces the exhaust. Not sure if it is really needed but it didn't take long and I had the tin laying around.

3' of Vacum Line which is just long enough.

Connectors

F Connector

Valve Installed

Inside connection at the white line.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Posting Guru

JonathanN has a great reputation on FTE.JonathanN has a great reputation on FTE.JonathanN has a great reputation on FTE.JonathanN has a great reputation on FTE.JonathanN has a great reputation on FTE.
Now that's sharp and VERY clean! Real nice, man!
Early 1999 F-250 Lariat 4x4 w/7.3L PSD, AT, SC, LB, 315/75/16's on 16x10's, 4" Lift, 4" Exhaust, HPx, Regulated Fuel Return, Hutch/Harpoon, NVK4 PCM, John Wood Valve Body, 6637 w/Pete's Cover, CCV, EBPV Delete, DP-Tuner, IssPro's - 332,000 miles!

Truck Pictures
Old 07-08-2012, 09:14 PM
New User

dgrooman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Can anyone offer more guidance on how to install the mod at the "Inside connection at the white line"? I picked up all of the parts at Autozone and would like to get it done this week, but after re-reading the thread I don't feel like I know how everything gets hooked up. Thanks in advance
Old 07-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Posting Guru

I robbed the line and T off the Ranger I got the first valve off of... made it alot easier, but I'm not sure how you could do it with parts store parts. But just T in with the white line under the dash and you'll be good... if you look at it, you'll see what we mean.

Truck Pictures
Old 07-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Senior User

Robby Nash is starting off with a positive reputation.
Im with dgrooman I would like to do the same mod just a little lost as to how it all hooks up....
Old 07-10-2012, 01:47 PM