1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Newbie from Texas

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 01:22 PM
pro53
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie from Texas

Car junky from Texas, Do all my own work currently Have 53 ford f-100 I have to finish, a 1930 model a and other numerous toys, and always lookin for another Hopefully picking up a 1956 coe in a couple of weeks.
Lots of good info on the old Coes over here.First pick of the 53 is when my dad built in around 15yrs ago, then a pick of it on the trailer in its current state going to the new house then of my model a project.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:56 PM
fergusonicford
Senior User
wow!
What part of Texas are ya from?
Welcome to the site.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:01 PM
twise
Senior User
Very nice, I really like the second one.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:09 PM
pro53
New User
Originally Posted by fergusonicford
wow!
What part of Texas are ya from?
Welcome to the site.
Will have to go fill out rest of my stats now
Pinehurst Northwest of Houston

Another pick , before the glass front end and before the fender was bolted on.Camaro subframe and 468bbc, tunnel ram two 465's

Old 06-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Wayne S
Elder User
that model A is cool.Sure got some big meats on there.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:46 PM
SunDown
Senior User
There is a shot of the effie that shows what I would guess to be your friends, perhaps yours as well, trucks out in the street..... not only are they awesome (that lifted chev/gmc is cool) but so is your effie and that model a. I am studying your bed, lots of work there. the sides, did you make them or did you modify the orig metal? I see the rear fenders are un against or very very close to the upper rails, I imagine thats to get more verticle clearance out of the fenders or the bed sides are shorter. I cant really tell. Seems to me if you would raise the rear fenders the front of the rear fender would need to be extended but I cant tell if they have been, the fenders look to be in factory proportions....

I'm building my 53 to lay running board so I was most curious what you did with the bed and rear fenders.

Looks great, all of it!!! welcome to the board!!!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:14 PM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,451 Likes on 1,398 Posts
I love your tubular air spring crossmember. That's a work of art.

Welcome to the forum!

Old 06-08-2010, 06:52 AM
pro53
New User
Originally Posted by SunDown
There is a shot of the effie that shows what I would guess to be your friends, perhaps yours as well, trucks out in the street..... not only are they awesome (that lifted chev/gmc is cool) but so is your effie and that model a. I am studying your bed, lots of work there. the sides, did you make them or did you modify the orig metal? I see the rear fenders are un against or very very close to the upper rails, I imagine thats to get more verticle clearance out of the fenders or the bed sides are shorter. I cant really tell. Seems to me if you would raise the rear fenders the front of the rear fender would need to be extended but I cant tell if they have been, the fenders look to be in factory proportions....

I'm building my 53 to lay running board so I was most curious what you did with the bed and rear fenders.

I built it all from flat sheet, One of those lucky guys that work at a sheet metal shop The bagged dually and the lifted stretched 61 chevy is mine, I have since sold all of those and working on my model a and 53. I made new sides and raised the fenders and used a new patch panel at the front of the fender to stretch it. Around 4 ". It been a long time ago
Made new flat tubeing running board brackets, so when the truck is down It scrapes the gusseted and tied together running board braces. Then I put the fender where I wanted it.I still have to make some filler pieces to fit between the cab and running boards. Level the bed up some more. The truck is actually sitting in the garage waiting till my model a is done.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:00 AM
pro53
New User
Originally Posted by SunDown

Here is a pick showing the patch panel tacked in place. Shows how far the fender went up. Only pick I have sorry.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:48 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,132 Likes on 2,656 Posts
Amazing work on all your projects, please keep showing your work and welcome to the site.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:30 AM
rockher_man
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Yea man....

...nice lookin' bunch ya got there...

Welcome....great work!

Old 06-08-2010, 01:51 PM
SunDown
Senior User
Originally Posted by pro53
Here is a pick showing the patch panel tacked in place. Shows how far the fender went up. Only pick I have sorry.
That pic helps a ton! I just couldnt see the added length once you shot it in color. It looked stock length. Very nice work on everything! I'd love to see more pics of both the bagged dully and the stretched 61 chev...

Old 06-08-2010, 02:03 PM
pro53
New User
Here they are I feel funny posting these, Hope I dont get yelled at
And since I am on a Ford forum, To ease the payne of these Chevys here is my 521 stroker motor that is in my Jetboat

Old 06-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Welcome aboard pro53, nice toys.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:47 PM
vintage56
Elder User
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
welcome, fellow coe-spotter.

BOOMER!!! sorry, I'm legally obligated to say that.

thanks for the scout tips, keep 'em coming and lookin forward to your input around here.

JML

Quick Reply: Newbie from Texas