Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Senior User

GR$$N$ is starting off with a positive reputation.
5" downpipe

im curious to know if anyone has any info on a 5" downpipe for my 2000 7.3l. i have searched and called and searched for one and everytime someone says "turbo back full 5" they mean 4" downpipe and 5" the rest.basically im looking for a 5" straight pipe out before my tire.looking to spend under 300 for it too.so any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Postmaster

03_PSD has a great reputation on FTE.03_PSD has a great reputation on FTE.03_PSD has a great reputation on FTE.03_PSD has a great reputation on FTE.
I don't think there would be any room to squeeze a 5" d.p. in there.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Posting Guru

Layson has a great reputation on FTE.Layson has a great reputation on FTE.Layson has a great reputation on FTE.Layson has a great reputation on FTE.
Plus, a 4" isn't really 4" at the turbo... so 5" may be overkill.

If you want a 5" kit, just stick with the standard ones.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Postmaster

CSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to behold
There is no 5" turbo back kit. There is no reason to go with a 5" system at all...
Old 05-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Posting Guru

strokersace has a very good reputation on FTE.strokersace has a very good reputation on FTE.strokersace has a very good reputation on FTE.
The only way to get a 5" downpipe is to have one custom made. And then you'd have to modify the firewall to get it to fit. You'd have WAY over $300 invested.

As others have said, the outlet of the turbo is not even 4". The flange/opening is smaller and right past the flange it expands to 4". If you're wanting a 5" system, then just go with a standard kit w/ 4" dp.
97 F350 CC Dually psd auto; 38 gal rear tank, Electric fuel, AirDog, Hypermax I/C & Stage 2's, BTS HPOP, SD van turbo, Hydroboost, ARP's, 910's, SB pushrods, Swamps IDM, Tymar, Sound deadening on both sides of firewall, 6.0 trans cooler, SD tranny lines, SD engine compartment conversion, Gauges, HID's, other pretty stuff, ALOT of custom stuff - need BTS trans & bigger turbo
Old 05-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Elder User

Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I wonder if somebody makes a actual 4" dump pipe for the 7.3 garret turbo????,i went seen a bloke at www.rocketsportstrucks.com.au/ and he said to get a 4" pipe from my turbo down past the firewall they would have to use a portapower to pop the firewall bulge back the other way to fit it thru,he said he's done it on many trucks.... crikey! so thats just to get 4" past,i'd hate try and get 5" down thru there LOL...
But what a burble she'd have with 5" all the way hehehheh.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Senior User

thanks guys.most of my buddys ran the 4" and said it fit in there fine.but one guy ran a 5" and had to dent in the firewall.i guess ill just be sticking with the 4" to 5" and run that.thanks for all the replys
Old 05-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Elder User

clintusaf is starting off with a positive reputation.
Whats a Bloke?
2002 F350 7.3 4WD CC LB Lariat, BTS trans, 6.0 cooler, Front End Level, 285/75/16 Cooper HTP's, Riff Raff 6637 kit, MBRP 4" muffler delete, DP Tuner F5 60 hp Tow, 80 hp Eco, 120 hp Race, ISSpro gauges, Avital 5303 remote start w/security, white face glow gauge overlay, A/C mod. Thanks to everyone for educating me on our trucks!
Old 05-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintusaf View Post
Whats a Bloke?
??what??

anyone have an recommendations on where to get the cheapest kit? i found a turbo back 4" downpipe and 5" rest for 310 shipped.can i get it cheaper or is that a good deal?
Old 05-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Elder User

Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintusaf View Post
Whats a Bloke?
ROFLMAO its wot us aussie's call another man,you guys call one another, guys /fellas/ we just added bloke to the list...hehehheh aussie thing
2005 FORD F250 7.3L, Maxxis BigHorns 35's,16x10 alloy rims,5"Procomp/Icon Vehicle Dynamics lift,AIH Delete,CCV,FRX,HPX, OCR,JW valve body,mag-hytec rear diff cover,Riffraff Billet plenums,Clays ported housing+11 blade comp wheel,Bellowed up-pipes,Garrett turbo outlet,F6 chip,Custom 4" to 5" exhaust,All from clay @ RiffRaff,BD big trans sump,Carpc got the ****,got a IPAD in the dash now
Old 05-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Senior User

i ordered the full stainless steel kit with 4" downpipe and 5" straight for the rest.now im going to just have to cut and weld to get it to come out before my tire.thanks for the help everyone
Old 05-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Postmaster

CSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR$$N$ View Post
thanks guys.most of my buddys ran the 4" and said it fit in there fine.but one guy ran a 5" and had to dent in the firewall.i guess ill just be sticking with the 4" to 5" and run that.thanks for all the replys

LOL... I'll believe a 5" down pipe when I see it...
Old 05-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
LOL... I'll believe a 5" down pipe when I see it...
hes located in napa valley,ca.so go get your plane ticket
Old 05-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Elder User

clintusaf is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkelly View Post
ROFLMAO its wot us aussie's call another man,you guys call one another, guys /fellas/ we just added bloke to the list...hehehheh aussie thing
Cool. I'll have to start using that one.
2002 F350 7.3 4WD CC LB Lariat, BTS trans, 6.0 cooler, Front End Level, 285/75/16 Cooper HTP's, Riff Raff 6637 kit, MBRP 4" muffler delete, DP Tuner F5 60 hp Tow, 80 hp Eco, 120 hp Race, ISSpro gauges, Avital 5303 remote start w/security, white face glow gauge overlay, A/C mod. Thanks to everyone for educating me on our trucks!
Old 05-19-2010, 03:28 AM
Postmaster

UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.
Mate would be a friend, or in a friendly manner.
Bloke would be a person you were making fun of, or possibly a friend.

"no worries, mate"
"that poor bloke punctured his tyre on some rocks navigating around the washout"

that's my translation lol.

I've always wanted a full 5" turbo back , but never found one. I was going to build one but the 4" fit so well, and like Joe said, it's more then enough flow for any reasonable hp goal.
67 Mustang GTA Fastback 390 UNTAMND.com
Old 05-19-2010, 03:28 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
01, 2000, 2001, 4, 5, diesel, downpipe, dually, f250, f350, ford, h2e, inch, pipe, truck